Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1990 1500 Left side trunk pocket lid/cover wanted

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  BLUTHUNDR31 
#1 ·
I have lost mine during my last ride. A source or info on where to get one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
#3 ·
Left trunk pocket lid for '90 Aspencade not available at Partzilla or Honda Parts Nation parts. BUT, , , I found one on Western Honda Powersports website for $18.48 but the color looks to be YR139L (TYPE 6). We'll need to know your "color" of seat/centershelter/dash to find your exact color.

#5 · (Edited)
not much of a problem, , ,The information that I have says it is either;

A) Brown-ish (called Havana brown; code YR139L)
B) Blue-ish (called pigeon blue; code B75L)
C) Black-ish (called Real black; code NH188L)

The 1990's had only three colors of that pocket, , ,and the brown-ish one seems to be for an SE model.

Here's the part number for the left pocket lid/pigeon blue color;
81165-MN5-000ZE

#7 ·
Ed M, , , , You might have trouble finding a replacement pocket to match unless you, , A)want to wait for one to pop up on eBay or Craigslist, , or B)utilize one of the "network database" systems used by dozens of motorcycle salvage/dismantler yards.

You can also buy one of the "available" pockets for your year bike and paint it to match. You'll need to translate/convert the B75L to a color code that a "paint house" understands.

Good luck with that pocket project, , , ,

#12 ·
The reference material that I have shows that the '95's came with two colors of centershelter/pockets. The '95's had Tuscany Red (R200) that looks redish-brown, or they had Cosmopolitan Grey (NH159L) that is Grey-ish. Neither would match the Pigeon blue unless it was painted.

#17 ·
I bet you know more about that than me but it sure looks black to me. Not as dark as the black paint on the bike but darker than most of what I call grey. As long as it fits I think I can paint it to match close enough, maybe..

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.