post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Dusty Boots
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Quote:
In your opinion, are there marked advantages of the MEC over our old Eureka?
CJ, if that tent you're happy withis serving you well and is still in good shape(waterproofing, flysheet not degraded due to UV rays) I'd stick with your trusty tent. Just like the ole' saying - 'don't mess with it, if it don't need fixin'.

As for a 'comparison' CJ, lets compare apples to apples -

Comparing the 2 man Wanderer 2, to theEureka 2 man Timberline XT, the Wanderer 2 has more headroom(not just in the centre portion of the tent)and because of it's dome design, more overall'usable living space.' The Timberline has 38sq' vs the Wanderer's 36.6 sq', but due to the tent designs, the Wanderer has more usable interior floor space.

The Wanderer 2 poles are slightly shorter(22" vs 24") when packed, making them a bit easier for packing

The Wanderer 2 is heavier, but it also includes 2 larger vestibules.

The Wanderer 2 has a heavier/thicker polyurethanecoating(waterproofing) on both the floor and the rainfly.

Is probably quicker to set up, due to the fewer number of poles that need to be assembled and attached together. Fewer parts to loose.

The 2 man Eureka XT is about $4.87US cheaper, at today's exchange rate, but once you add theoptional extra vestibule @ $39.99 and their not so custom 'floor saver' footprint @ $9.99(really just a cut down polyethylene tarp, without grommets)that brings the total to - $229.88US

The Wanderer 2 retails for $184.77US, including the 2 vestibulesand the option custom fit footprint(much better quality!) is $15.77US, for a total of - $200.54US

If it were my money, I know which tent I'd be buying.

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome