Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Fun Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/8-fun-forum/)
-   -   Deer alerts???? (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/8-fun-forum/263860-deer-alerts.html)

Putt N along 07-05-2005 11:09 AM

imported post

Am thinking of possibly riding my bike to work which is a hours drive. I live in deer country and am just curious as to if any of you have and/or use those deer alert things that you see advertised some in magazines once in a while. I've seen them on cars but never on a bike. Supposedly make some kind of high frequency sound.The drive to work would be during dark hours and I certainly don't wanna be messing with any deer. Just would like to get the consensus of my fellow riders as to whatyou think about riding at night and what you think of those deer alerts. Thanks much!! (BTW, hit one with my car not 3 weeks ago but I don't have those alerts on the car either.)

BenMC 07-05-2005 11:29 AM

imported post

I've heard of a few bikers hitting deer with these things fitted. It seems to make the deer look up at ya before you hit 'em. Waste of good money. Oh yeah, I forgot about the dogs. Dogs can hear them and they just wait for you to come round the bend so they can have a bite at your leg. ;)

Brojees 07-05-2005 11:43 AM

imported post

I asked the deer here and they swear by them. Say it is so exciting to "Jump the Whistle".

Watch the sides of your drive very carefully, maintain a decent speed and slow down when transitting wooded areas which come to the shoulder.

exavid 07-05-2005 11:54 AM

imported post

Don't listen to these guys saying they don't work, they work just as good as attaching a magnet to your fuel line to increase mileage!

dean_3326 07-05-2005 01:10 PM

imported post

I saw one story where a Buck charged a guy on a bike with these fitted.

exavid 07-05-2005 01:38 PM

imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
Quote:

Are you sure it wasn't a guy charged a buck to get one fitted?

dean_3326 07-05-2005 01:47 PM

imported post

exavid wrote:
Quote:

dean_3326 wrote:
Quote:

I don't think you can get anything fitted for a dollar.:)

hockeydad33 07-05-2005 02:30 PM

imported post

I asked a friend of mine who does body work and he says that 50% of the cars he works on have them and 50% don't. Your choice.

Silverfox 07-05-2005 02:44 PM

imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
Quote:

exavid wrote:
Quote:

dean_3326 wrote:
Quote:

I don't think you can get anything fitted for a dollar.:)

Do these things cost a lot of doe then?:goofygrin:

dean_3326 07-05-2005 03:08 PM

imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Quote:

Do these things cost a lot of doe then?:goofygrin:
If a Buck charges you a dollar, then that is a good reason to carry a credit card.:rollingeyes:As long as you don't have more dollars than cents.