How come we don't have a member called "Grits" - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Nightrider1 Send a message via Yahoo to Nightrider1
Post imported post

With all the fun we had on the subject of "Grits", I am amazed no one has taken that nic yet.
Thanks,
David

You meet the best people who ride a Goldwing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Banned

Post imported post

GRITS= GIRLS RAISED IN THE SOUTH.
I eat'em ever chance I get!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 03:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to wannabe Send a message via Yahoo to wannabe
Post imported post

picasso wrote:
Quote:
GRITS= GIRLS RAISED IN THE SOUTH.
I eat'em ever chance I get!
really???

Karen

passenger on: \'98 Honda GL1500C Valkyrie Standard

Give & Get help traveling:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 04:37 PM

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox
Post imported post

Well we sampled a variety of grits whilst we were over last year and only one lot did we like, those at Old McDonalds Fish Restaurant,where we dined with SBin SC. and Mrs SB.

It sure surprises me that one of the more Southerly members hasn't chosen it as a handle for on here.

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 08:36 PM

Model: 2010 GL1800
Post imported post

Well I seriously thought about something like Southern Wing or G.R.I.T.S.Wingbecause I just can't start my day without my grits, but Ihad to go with Wild Wing because of how I originally got the "Wild" part. I've always been known for doing things a little on the "wild" or unusual side. Twenty some years ago when Terry and Luv2wing originally met me, in a previous life, I was crazy enough to ride backward on a previous husband's bike to take pics and videos of the group behind us going around the curves in the mountains of N.C. Somebody in the group just made a statement that they'd like to see what they looked like leaning into the curves and I said what the heck I can show you and climbed on backwards and said let's go, no big deal. After that they called me a Wild Woman so I just modified it and made it Wild Wing Lady or Wild Wing. In my younger days I was never one to be afraid of much and that is the way I am to this day to a reasonable point.

Dianne

"The mountains are calling and I must go."
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 04:42 AM

Garage
Post imported post

From that explantion, Wild Wing Lady, "Grits" just wouldn't have cut it for your site name!!!!

Pete

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 05:40 AM
Senior Guru

Model: GL1800, GL1500, GL1200
Post imported post

I am sure the wingnut would be able to change a members name to GRITS if he was asked.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 06:13 AM

Garage
Post imported post

GWNorman wrote:
Quote:
I am sure the wingnut would be able to change a members name to GRITS if he was asked.
There are some members he would just be happy to turn into grits I expect.... I am probably one of them!!!!

Pete

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Banned

Post imported post

You have to know how to eat grits ,,,Just plain ain't much fun.
The young'uns usually start off eating them with some butter and some sugar or molasses,jam etc. but as you get mature most folks like salt and pepper and sunny side up egg yolks running into them at breakfast.
Tabasco is nice.
You can have them for lunch or supper with some turnip greens , gritsn'greens we call it and then a really nice brunch of shrimp and cheese grits is fantastic!
I like to take the chilled left over grits and mold them in to patties and fry them up and cover them with tomatoe gravey,,,,wonderful.
Grits is good food,,,,,and you can make whiskey from them too!!
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Fun Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page