iphone, adventures of - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Graphics Guru

Post imported post

[align=center][/align]
[align=center]We had the day off school today because the teachers were on strike. at 2 oclock a dhl man called to collect my dads iphone whichbroke and has to go in for an insurancerepair or replacement. [/align]
[align=center]before you read down, just think for a sec: [/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]what is the funniest and most embarrassing thing that can happen to your mobile/cell phone?......[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]you guessed it, DOWN THE TOILET!![/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]on Saturday my dad dropped his iphone down the toilet, €700 killed in a second. we were cleaning up the bathroom and the iphoneperformed a perfect hop, skip and fumbleonto the rim and slid around and down into the water.he grabbed it out quickly and gave it a fast rinse, shakeand dry and ran into the hot-press where we keep the towels. A coupleof hours later we took it out and it was burning hot![/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]we are not sure what killed this iphone, it really coulda been the initial bang, the drowning or the roasting. poor phone never stood a chance. the post-mortem form that went with the repair man just says 'stopped working'.[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]the funny thing is i have an iphone too and it has survived football, fights, funfairs and attemptedpickpockets andi am always told to be careful with it. if i dropped mine down the loo i would never hear an end to it. [/align]

Dylan Saunders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 03:17 PM

Post imported post

HA HA HA that's funny...

I have a friend that almost monthly his wife kills a phone.......

I was talking to him in his office one day and his wife called to say that she did just the same thing, plop into the toilet.........

Avatar: Republic P-47 Thunderbolt (Jug)
Gotta love that R-2800 and big ole paddle blade prop.....
I love the smell of 100 octane and oil in the morning.....
Just think, this is what the Germans saw barreling in at them.... (8) 50\'s blazin away....
Ride safe and watch your six!

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 03:35 PM

Post imported post

shouldn't tell on Dad like that.

1982 Int with Vetter V w/lowers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 03:53 PM

Post imported post

€700, ooouch! I once lost a Nokia on a fishing trip. Sitting in a boat and reeling in, next thing I see the Nokia glowing as it sank into the deep. Happens to the best and the worst of us.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 04:21 PM

Post imported post

Jason m wrote:
Quote:
shouldn't tell on Dad like that.
Funny stuff like that needs to be shared.

If its confessional time, I will own up to dropping my Motorola into a bucket of water when I was washing my car. Motorolas don't swim too well either.

Jason
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 04:24 PM

Model: 1999 GL1500A 84 GL1200A/82 GL1100I/79 GL1000
Garage
Post imported post

I've lost one in the lake too. But, the worst I did was drop one into a crock pot full of chicken that had been slow cooking all day. Not a good thing! The sim card still worked though! I am still using the sim card 2 phones later.

Larry
99 Aspencade Totaled 6/14/18(Deer)
84 Aspencade
79 GL1000 with VW carb
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 04:42 PM

Model: GL1800
Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

Well at least I am not alone. I've never dropped, damaged or lost a phone before and I suppose I am paying in full now for all the good luck I've had with them.
My SIM card is still working in the loaner phone the shop gave me.

Somehow I think the repair estimate will read "uneconomical to repair" and it's probably a good thing, I mean would you want to keep a phone after it had been down the toilet? I am glad I bought the insurance just in case the warranty won't cover this "mishap".

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 05:05 PM

Post imported post

I will admit that I dropped my previous phone in the same place just after it had been cleaned (luckily).
Rinsed it off good and put it in a bag with a cup of rice for a couple of days and it worked good after that.
I didn't have the insurance or the money for a new one, so was stuck with it.
I have since upgraded phones, but the old one still works fine.

Scott

Traveling fork rebuilding and motorcycle delivery available.

Fork seal tutorial
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

86 GL1200 Aspencade
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Valkyrie Scum

Model: GL1500CF - Valkyrie Interstate
Send a message via Yahoo to tybme
Post imported post

I have a brother in law who has not once, not twice but three times dropped his cell into his coffee cup (his wife even bought him a nice mug with a lid to prevent it - he of course never remembers the cup.)

I myself have dropped my iPhone while doing about 70 mph down the highway. I did not realize it until I made it to my destination - a Patriot Guard ride. As I could not leave to look for it - it was truly lost - or so I thought. I went ahead and bought another (upgraded) model as I had a contract available and it was only $199 (yes only - iPhones can sell for well over $700)
Well about 2 days later a local county's Sheriff Office called me - they had found my phone. I picked it up and everything worked - except the screen - it was stuck white. I could hear it ring - I could hook it up to my pc and navigate around on the phone, retrieve my pictures etc. Everything but use the screen. Now many of you know an iPhone is a touch screen device so no screen, no good.
I decide I'd try and sell it on eBay - someone may want some parts from it. I did a great job describing the problems in the add - and even included a picture of the white screen. Low and behold 7 days later my broken iPhone sold for $240 + shipping. I made $40 profit on my broken phone over a new upgraded model! I never did find out why it was worth so much (again new these things sell for over $700) but I'm actually happy I dropped my phone! I even got a positive rating from the buyer - so he understood what he had bought.

1999 GL1500 CF (Valkyrie Interstate)

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. - T.E. Lawrence

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds - Emerson

Rhinos are just chubby unicorns!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 06:24 PM

Post imported post

There is a strip inside of most phones that changes color when exposed to water. Water damage is not covered under most warranty coverage. Insurance will probably cover it. Your mileage may vary, and yes my phone has also been in the toilet.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Fun Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page