Why do I ride a motorcycle? - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Middle Tennessee, , USA
Model: GL 1500
Posts: 1,086
Why do I ride a motorcycle?

Many people have asked me why the hell I ride a big azz'd motorcycle
at my age. Iíve long pondered over this for several minutes and I have
no real answer other than to say that Iím just trying, as best I can,
to discover the virtues of being a rum drinkiní, cigar smokiní, hard
driving unreconstructed geriatric throwback, itinerant senior
neír-do-well, and incorrigible reprobate with few redeeming qualities,
whilst at the same time anticipating the promised joys and delights of
a retired life of ease, paid for by uncle Sam and our future
population of grandchildren, and in the interim dealing with the
rigors of hemorrhoids on one end, and a mal-fitting CPAP mask on the
other end, as our country spends itself into oblivion, emulating the
ancient and current country of Greece which is experiencing the
disastrous results of profligate fiscal irresponsibility that it
probably will blame on global warming.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sarcasm.JPG (22.7 KB, 37 views)
Wingmaster Shamus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Rocketman911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: TENNESSEE VALEY AREA!, Alabama, USA
Year: 183 BC
Make: Not telling how much money I make!
Model: I don't have a model, I ride the real thing!
Posts: 67,042
Cause you don't want to walk?
Rocketman911 is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
De Motormuis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Geldrop.Noord Brabant. The Netherlands
Year: 1995
Make: Honda Goldwing
Model: GL 1500 SE
Posts: 57,676
Garage
Because you like it ????

__________________

Greetings Wil.

It is beautiful on the road with all the Goldwings.
A Goldwing rider is a happy rider.

See my Albums to see what my nickname means, and see photo's from our holiday in Australia.
Also see my other albums from my motor holidays.

Look in My Garage for photo's from my Goldwing
GL 1500 SE. Two tone green.
De Motormuis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Fender60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sumter, South Carolina, USA
Model: 2012 GL1800
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingmaster Shamus View Post
Many people have asked me why the hell I ride a big azz'd motorcycle
at my age. Iíve long pondered over this for several minutes and I have
no real answer other than to say that Iím just trying, as best I can,
to discover the virtues of being a rum drinkiní, cigar smokiní, hard
driving unreconstructed geriatric throwback, itinerant senior
neír-do-well, and incorrigible reprobate with few redeeming qualities,
whilst at the same time anticipating the promised joys and delights of
a retired life of ease, paid for by uncle Sam and our future
population of grandchildren, and in the interim dealing with the
rigors of hemorrhoids on one end, and a mal-fitting CPAP mask on the
other end, as our country spends itself into oblivion, emulating the
ancient and current country of Greece which is experiencing the
disastrous results of profligate fiscal irresponsibility that it
probably will blame on global warming.........

Change the rum to whisky and sans the cigar smokin, gave'em up earlier this year, and I am right there with ya.

USAF 82-08 retired
VFW Life Member
2012 GL1800 8,100 miles
Fender60 is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Gregarious Greeter
 
SETHAN12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liberty, Pennsylvania, USA
Model: GL 1800
Posts: 16,809
Garage
...and here I thought it was to pick up chicks

Yesterday is for memories!
Today is for making memories!
Tomorrow is a concept that does not exist!
What are you waiting for? ... Sam-n-Elaine
Just livin\' the dream!!!!!
Just another day in paradise!!!!!
Honor above all else!!!!!
Thank you Dylan Saunders for the layout of my greeting!!!!
SETHAN12 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Senior Moment Member
 
Hanko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Eatonville, Washington, USA
Model: 2004 GL1800A
Posts: 3,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETHAN12 View Post
...and here I thought it was to pick up chicks
At my age I'm wondering what bike riding has to do with poultry???

2004 GL1800A Dark Red
Yes that is ice on the fender!!!
Darksider # 902

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hanko is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Middle Tennessee, , USA
Model: GL 1500
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETHAN12 View Post
...and here I thought it was to pick up chicks
That Sir is what caused me to have the mal-fitting CPAP mask
Wingmaster Shamus is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Middle Tennessee, , USA
Model: GL 1500
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
Change the rum to whisky and sans the cigar smokin, gave'em up earlier this year, and I am right there with ya.
Good point, maybe it's the cigar that causes the mask not to fit
Wingmaster Shamus is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Senior Member
 
dwsonar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lockport, Louisiana, USA
Year: 1994
Model: GL1500SE
Posts: 824
I've thought about it a lot also, but all I came up with is that it's as close to flying as I'll ever get.
dwsonar is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Gregarious Greeter
 
SETHAN12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liberty, Pennsylvania, USA
Model: GL 1800
Posts: 16,809
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanko View Post
At my age I'm wondering what bike riding has to do with poultry???
I've nailed more than one bird with my wing! Go figure.

Yesterday is for memories!
Today is for making memories!
Tomorrow is a concept that does not exist!
What are you waiting for? ... Sam-n-Elaine
Just livin\' the dream!!!!!
Just another day in paradise!!!!!
Honor above all else!!!!!
Thank you Dylan Saunders for the layout of my greeting!!!!
SETHAN12 is offline  
Closed Thread

  Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Fun Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yes, I ride a motorcycle! seabeechief General Motorcycle Discussion Forum 17 08-16-2012 07:37 PM
how to ride a motorcycle wcleafs2002 Fun Forum 5 07-21-2011 10:20 PM
what was your first Motorcycle ride like? Hondadiver General Motorcycle Discussion Forum 38 12-01-2010 06:59 PM
it pays to ride a motorcycle pinkpork Fun Forum 8 01-17-2007 07:30 AM
May Motorcycle Ride dstember81 Events 1 04-20-2006 03:34 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome