Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Long, lonely stretches of highway. Let's see them.

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Dusty Boots
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

If I'm taking a shot of something fairly close up and to the side of me while I'm riding, I set my camera on the 'sports scene' setting, which gives it a faster shutter speed, minimizing blur. Here's a shot I tookofa guy who put up with me for 8 - 9 days this past summer, while we were doing 55 mph. Turned out good enough that he uses it for his avatar. You can see his ram camera mount, that he uses for his shots.

If I use another scene setting, the shutter speed is slower, inducing more 'blur' and providing a 'softer' shot and the illusion of speed, although I was doing the posted 45 mph speed limit.

Sometimes, I will pull over to take a shot and to drink in the Grandeur of the scene, like these ones near Rogers Pass, in the Canadian Rockies ...

Back to the Subject - Long, lonesome highways

Here's what I 25, north ofCasper, WY looks like early in the morning

another lonesome WY highway, this time 14A, east ofLovell , approaching the Bighorn Mountains

... and of course you can't ride in Wyoming, without riding the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway, between Cody WY and Cooke City MT ....

.... and the Beartooth Highway(US 212) which runs from Red Lodge MT, dips into northern WY, before crossing the state line again, ending at Cooke City, MT ....

Let's see some more, people!

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome