Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/)
-   -   How to use this part of the forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/266601-how-use-part-forum.html)

wingnut 12-09-2005 06:00 PM

imported post

We all know that apart from forum members and the usual lurkers,various people from Honda visit Goldwing forums, includingthis humble Message Board and web site.These include employees of the Goldwing plant in Ohio, dealers and distributors in different parts of the world etc. I know this because I get e-mails fromplenty of them every year.
This is our chance to let them know what we would really like to see incorporated in the Honda Goldwing in future years. Serious suggestions about how our beloved Goldwing can be improved are welcome here. No ranting please, try to keep it focussed on the particular topic.

goldwingdano 04-13-2014 09:56 PM

Looking for Chrome plated nuts & bolts

I am looking to find smaller chrome plated nuts & bolts. I actually only need 1 nut 7/64" that fell off my 89' GL1500 highway pegs. I have searched the Internet over & can not find any. Like I said, I only need the one but will buy more just to keep on hand. The bike was loaded when I purchased it and the previous owner has passed on. Help?

FM 04-14-2014 06:03 PM

First post 2005 then second post 2014???

OK, I'll add one.
I'd like to see all body parts be secured with ''tabs in slots'' and ONLY one screw.

Also since Rudy's keepers work quite well all loose-able body parts should have a place molded in for keeper's attachment.

my $0.00002 worth.

FM 04-14-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldwingdano (Post 3128929)
I am looking to find smaller chrome plated nuts & bolts. I actually only need 1 nut 7/64" that fell off my 89' GL1500 highway pegs. I have searched the Internet over & can not find any. Like I said, I only need the one but will buy more just to keep on hand. The bike was loaded when I purchased it and the previous owner has passed on. Help?

Ace Hardware has a Chrome section and have Acorn nuts, washers, etc.. I'm sure other hardware stores now have these specialty sections.

The Ace I worked at was one of the first to get it way back in the mid 1980's and it was an instant hit. Tho individual parts were rather expensive since it was a new system but you could almost always find what you needed.