Trunk Remote Functionality - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 06:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to dqsdad2001
Post imported post

Jaru93 wrote:
Quote:
Hi everyone. This is mu first post. I would agree that it would be great if the remote opened the side bags also. Has anyone had the latch malfunction?
Yes , I have had the latch malfunction and after taking it to the dealer a few times and it woul dbrake again a couple days later. if you search the forums here you can find some fixes for it. Or you can click on my Frappr link below my signature to find pictures and descriptionon how to fix it.

Sean Shannon
Weyers Cave, VA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 GL1800 Dark Red (1st Wing)
sold under protest but needed new car

Previous Rides
2001 Victory Deluxe Cruiser
1993 Harley WideGuide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 04:32 PM
GERIATRIC MEMBER

Model: Neighbours 1800
Post imported post

Jaru93 wrote:
Quote:
Hi everyone. This is mu first post. I would agree that it would be great if the remote opened the side bags also. Has anyone had the latch malfunction?
Howdy Jaru93 [shadow=red]You are Very Welcome to The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum.[/shadow]

Good to see that you ride The Fastest Colour

Our "Top Poster" hangs out in your neck of the woods

"Redwing"

"The Rider Of The Fastest Colour"
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 12:16 PM

Post imported post

Glad to have found this board. Thanks for you welcome and help so far.

Jim Johnson
Gig Harbor, Wa
2007 GL1800 Dark Red Metalic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 07:10 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

Do you guys have any idea how much one of those keys with the remote built in costs? About $85 for a car and I'm sure it would be twice that for a bike.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Model: 2012 GL-1800
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Flyone
Post imported post

Davogd430 wrote:
Quote:
Do you guys have any idea how much one of those keys with the remote built in costs? About $85 for a car and I'm sure it would be twice that for a bike.
Hey Dave, I had to buy one for my 1800 as I bought it used and there was no remote or extra key. Believe it or not, the remote was about $76 which surprised me as I was expecting to be brutaly violated!

But then the reality set in............$30 to program it.

The more shocking event was after that..........the spare key for the 1800!!! You can't use anything but the Honda Goldwing blank and it was around $30 by itself!!! (It must have had GOLD in the key...well, at least it said Goldwing!!) and the Honda dealerships around the area wouldn't cut the key because they didn't have the right key cutter to do it! I had to take the blank to a locksmith to have it done. "Ka-ching" the price kept adding up!!! That was another $10.

So long story short..........never, never lose a remote or keys!!!!

2012 GL-1800,2001 Cycle Mate CM2000 LTD Trailer
PM of Northstar Masonic Lodge #168, Wichita, KS 2B1ASK1, Midian Shriner, AOPA, Founding member of Wild Rhinos and KANWINGS
NASSIR 5 Host - which was an honor and pleasure to serve the members of this forum.
RIP Pop Fly
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

Jaru93 wrote:
Quote:
Glad to have found this board. Thanks for you welcome and help so far.
Welcome Jaru93 from the State of Confusion........Kansas!

PM of Northstar Masonic Lodge #168, Wichita, KS 2B1ASK1, Midian Shriner, AOPA, Founding member of Wild Rhinos and KANWINGS
NASSIR 5 Host - which was an honor and pleasure to serve the members of this forum.
RIP Pop Fly
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 06:53 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

None of the keys for Honda cars with the built in remote will fit the bikes. I think the remote will work, I have one at work I've been meaning to try to see if it will, if it programs the same way the cars do.
A HD98 blank will work in the locks but won't work the ignition because it won't go in far enough. I made a couple at work so I could keep one in my wallet in case I somehow locked the key in the trunk.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

Davogd430 wrote:
Quote:
I made a couple at work so I could keep one in my wallet in case I somehow locked the key in the trunk.
Smart Man Dave!!

Why?? Because I've locked my keys in my trunk twice!!! Hence why I got a spare key!

RIP Pop Fly
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:48 PM

Model: GL1800 2015 Red
Post imported post

joelhar wrote:
Quote:
But it only seems to temporarily lock and unlock the trunk... true?
Honda program it the same way they program their cages.

When you unlock, you have to manually open something within a certain time frame or else it automatically relocks.

This is to prevent you from leaving it unlocked because you accidentally bumped the button. My wife's Odyssey relocks very quickly, less than a minute, the bike is a bit slower.

When you lock with the remote it stays locked until you unlock it with either key or remote.

As an aside, I enquired about an additional remote before we went away last year, I was quoted C$314 . The wife didn't get a remote.

John

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 06:26 PM

Post imported post

The wife thinks I'm a control freak because I haven't given her a key.But for that kind of money I guess I'll keep taking her insults. I thought it was bad having to shell out $85 for a spare key for my truck, but that is just plain ridicules. Honda definately overcharges for a lot of items (aka cb & cd changer discussed elsewhere), but it's a small price (no pun intended) to pay for riding the greatest mile eater ever invented.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page