If Honda Does Make a Trike, Do it Right! - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

Wow. That come out of left field.

I guess we need an official insulter for the board. I nominate Cyote(chicken lips)61.

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 12:30 PM

Send a message via MSN to quakeholio
Post imported post

Technical information is good, but you have to look at it from other angles as well. What attracts us to a goldwing of any model over the other bikes on the market? Technical sophistication is only one PART of the equation. Lots of people ride the GL1000 still and by todays standards that is a simple bike. Looks of it is a category all to itself. The machines that have the two wheels up front and one it the back looks weird, not very motorcycle at all. I've seen several, some better done then others and none of them made me think of a motorcycle.

The classic trike however dose leave a taste of motorcycle in my mind, but not like a two wheeler. The 1500's and 1800 trikes do have a truly classic and classy look.

As to being welcome, I think every one has made it clear that you are welcome, and I can see how this misunderstanding happened. Something to note though, not all post in a thread point back to the originating post. Anyway, I think I've said my piece.

Mind you, I know everything about nothing and nothing about everything.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 01:50 AM

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox
Post imported post

Mad Meteor, I am disapointed that you have decided that everyone is bashing you. You asked for folks oppinions and they gave them. No one is bashing you.

Since I have no knowledge of the technicalities of two wheels up front trikes, I am not in the least bit qualified to comment on that area. My only comments were based on aesthetics, as were most other folks comments.

I would sincerely apologise if you think this was a bashing of you and your origional post, it certainly wasn't meant to be. I would also hope you are not just going to leave the forums because of this. There have been many threads where there was disagreement between members about a subject, but they didn't leave just because they had different views.

Now why not just carry on with the subject and give your version and views

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I really never intended to come back here but I just ran across something that I wanted to share. I reallize this is basically an "I told you so!" so it is unecessary to inform me of that fact.

For the technically minded this may be interesting.

http://news.windingroad.com/auto-new...tm-you-decide/
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

Mad Meteor wrote:
Quote:
I really never intended to come back here but I just ran across something that I wanted to share. I reallize this is basically an "I told you so!" so it is unecessary to inform me of that fact.

For the technically minded this may be interesting.

http://news.windingroad.com/auto-new...tm-you-decide/
Cool, thanks.

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 10:56 AM

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox
Post imported post

Well Mad Meteor, I think we would all be sad if you didn't come to the forums, just over this subject, please be assured that I for one was in no way wishing to disagree with you and was just expressing my own opinion.

If there were a demand for front wheel trikes and Honda built them, then I would sincerely hope that they were a success.

The link that you added, is indeed an interesting bike and by far the best front wheeled trike I have seen, unlike many that I am sure you will agree, look as if the front has just been cobbled on without much thought to aesthetics.

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 01:59 AM

Post imported post

if we all liked the same thing life would be very dull. but i think i will stick with the trike that i have got.

\'08 GL1800 CSC Cobra Trike (In the fastest colour)
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 01:48 PM

Model: GL1800
Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

I've had to get the pruning shears out and cut out some of the argumentativeposts here. Please remember that this part of the forum is for suggestions for Honda, so lets try and keep it focussed rather than going off in odd directions.

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page