LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 09:40 PM

Location: Edgefield -Capitol of the South-, South Carolina, USA
Post imported post

Scout Guy wrote:
Quote:
Rudy wrote:
Quote:
You'd have to have a life to have it threatened.
My grandmother was Romanian but I'm not one of the undead. You know what a grandmother is, don't you? Since you're from the south, most likely you'd know her as "Cousin Grammma."
That's "Aunt Grandma", nimrod!

...and you better be careful with Rudy. Being from Georgia, he only knows 3 ways to cut a man: deep, wide, and continuously!

Sean, the Resident Redneck
1997 GL1500 Aspencade Limited Edition
1983 GL1100 Aspencade
Freemasonry--2B1ASK1
"Fear the government that fears YOUR guns."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 09:50 PM

Model: GL1500
Post imported post

SB in SC wrote:
Quote:
Scout Guy wrote:
Quote:
Rudy wrote:
Quote:
You'd have to have a life to have it threatened.
My grandmother was Romanian but I'm not one of the undead. You know what a grandmother is, don't you? Since you're from the south, most likely you'd know her as "Cousin Grammma."
That's "Aunt Grandma", nimrod!

...and you better be careful with Rudy. Being from Georgia, he only knows 3 ways to cut a man: deep, wide, and continuously!
and we have seen him do it for a lot less........I bet the next guy will think twice about asking him if his bike was a Harley

Served 823rd RED HORSE Unit \'83-\'88 USAF
\'Semper Ducimus\'
Red Knights Alabama Chapter 2
"Loyal to our Duty"
PGR Alabama Div.

1983 CX500 Custom
1981 GL1100 Standard
1982 GL1100 Aspencade
1985 GL1200 LTD

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 08:44 AM

Post imported post

Since I wrote the comment almost one year ago I have bought and installed a second GPS, a Zumo 550. Both GPS maps (the Navi and the Zumo) have drawbacks, but generally one or the other gives me the information I want and/or need.

I have also bought paper maps for almost everywere I ride and I do a good Google Map recon of the area before I ride. I've knocked out a few Iron Butts in the meantime, so when I ride I basically know the area before I ride there.

But, when I was putting together a group ride I came across an instance where GPS maps and paper maps failed me and only asking directions helped. New contruction, and there is almost no way around it. I was proceeding on Route 9 in Maryland into West Virginia and came across Charles Town, WV. Google Map shows a continuous route, so does the GPS, but when I came through the town, I found Route 9 consisted of a series of lefts and rights and not well marked, I might add. I hooked up with a local, who lead me through the area, but now I am a bit tentative about leading a group through that area. Sometime this summer the road construction is supposed to be finished, until that time I am avoiding it. So, in this case, common sense overrides GPS maps, compasses and paper maps.

v/r Joel
2007 Silver GL 1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 05:56 PM

Post imported post

Scout Guy wrote:
Quote:
Good Lord, a compass?!?

Next we'll want auto pilot so we can read the paper while riding on our tour.
A scout without a compass

I have a son in scouts,we use his "BOYSCOUT"compass and paper maps and have not yet "NEEDED" GPS.

I have tried to mount a compass on the bike,but I have not found a good spot without interferance.

1983 gl1100 interstate
vetter terreplane sidecar
cb900f SuperSport
cb500 cafe
cb400f SuperSport
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 07:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Motosickle
Post imported post

Rudy wrote:
Quote:
Burtsr wrote:
Quote:
Ya, I have one of those and use it a lot. But still, It's a TOURING machine.
I don't disagree but there are several around here who feel it should also have a voltmeter, gear indicator, cig lighters, Gerbings plugins, high wattage running lights and horns that don't sound like a volkswagon as well.

Guess it all depends on your perception of what a touring bike for 22Gs should have.

i have a cigarette lighter and a Gerbings plug on my 93.i guess i have a Touring machine

A proud Patriot Guard Rider........because it\'s the right thing to do!
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page