How about a diesel ? - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 02:43 PM

Post imported post

For what it is worth, Ive just read an article in this week's Motorcycle News which says that there are five new firms all trying to break into the bike market with diesel-powered machines in the near future. The article doesn't provide any info on four of these but does refer to a German machine, the "Neander" which is now close to production. Obviously, the name is taken from Neanderthal man..."a type of primitive man occuring throughout much of Europe in late Palaeolithic times..." and Neandertal...."a valley near Dusseldorf, Germany." Thinking further on your comment that Bush is the 'megalomaniac' it perhaps follows that Blair is perhaps 'Neanderthal man.'. Oooops! have I strayed into the political arena here.

Goldwing 1800 CSC Cobra Trike (Illusion Red).
VTX 1300S.
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Sometimes you\'re the windscreen; sometimes the fly!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Year: 2008
Make: silverwing
Model: GL1100 1982
Post imported post

how could either be described as political, ones the best money could buy and the other will sell the family silver or peerage if the price is right

what have either of them ever done that could be described as political

Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol, if this is reality for gods sake buy me a drink
C100/2(4) GT 380(6) C92 DT 175 Cz175 jawa350 XS250,650,750 CD175 CB250 tiger cub YP250(3) Z550Ltd GS500F xv750se
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 03:26 PM

Post imported post

Frank Zappa had a diesel.................

\"\"THE MAD WELSHMAN in OZ\"\"

\"Lifetime member of the ORIGINAL 6 PACK club\"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 03:36 PM

Year: 1982
Make: Goldwing
Model: Interstate
Post imported post

taffy australia wrote:
Quote:
Frank Zappa had a diesel.................
Almost Taffy...that is a "Dweezil" his son's name (and a daughter named Moon Unit)...

weird guy (Zappa was; God rest his soul)but a fabulous musician...saw him in concert twice....certainly an experience

"Give me some wings I can glide upon" - Gordon Lightfoot

Bikes from previous lives...
1976 CJ360-T
1978 CX500
In Process...
1982 CX500 Custom

"Live Free or Die: Death is not the worst of evils" -General John Stark-

post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 08:46 AM

Post imported post

I would buy one in a heartbeat! A small 4cyl diesel would have more torque and get alot more gas mileage. Asfor the battery issue, that could be hard but thats why it is a concept....some genius will figure it out.

1989 GL1500

Everyone knows what the dates mean but what\'s important is the dash in between.
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 02:33 PM

Post imported post

ive been following this thread with great interest,i think it would be a fantastic idea , Diesel engines have moved on a great deal in just the last 10yrs alone.The modern CDI engine, ( common rail diesel)was brought to light by Citroen, and most motor manufactures followed suit with there own version of the CDI unit. At one time the thought of a diesel engine in a luxury car,ie, BMW,JAGUAR, MERCEDES AUDI etc, etc, was laughed at because of the image diesel had, noisy, smelly, sluggish motors, the list went on!! not any more!,, take the 320 cdi Mercedes, you dont know the dam things running, and will leave most of its 3litre brothers standing. Only last year for the first time a diesel engine car won a world WRX rally, so the technology for more power is there with the aid of turbo,s etc. So come on HONDA, take the lead and develop a great diesel engine for the Goldwing , i for one would think it would be a world wide hit pp

Graham nsu quickly, suzuki 50, yamaha fs1e, yamaha 250yds7,
triton 750, trident750t150, norton commando 850 roadster,
honda750 f1, honda 750 f2, honda gl 1100, bultaco 250, kawasaki 500 h1, jpn commando ,25yr gap
2001 gl 1800 love it
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 04:07 PM

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox
Post imported post

Just read in MCN thatfive manufacturers are in the proccessof developing diesel engined motorbikes. The only manufacturer mentioned by name is Neander (Germany), who are apparently about ready to launch their cruiser style bike.

( note to self.... always look up the thread to see if Dennisthemenace has pipped me to the post and already said what I am about to type!!!!!)

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 05:58 PM

Year: 75,83I,86SEi,93A,94SE,03ABS
Model: 94SE 209000 miles
Post imported post

I have read an article or 2 on the Neander. As I recall its a twin with a supercharger. It also has twin counter rotating crankshafts. ITs got very good performance and high MPG.

sorry for posting replies to this forum,forgot where I was . Please excuse me from the Axe.

Mike
NASSIR 1
NASSIR 6
NASSIR 7
NASSIR 8
NASR 10 Good times!
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 05:40 PM

Post imported post

Quote:
your megalomaniac leader

There's one in every forum, I guess.

Saturday I hunted deer all day, and shot some ducks on Sunday.But all good things must pass away.
\"SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI\"
\"Thus passes the glory of the world\"
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 05:56 PM

Post imported post

Back on topic, the US military has been using motorcycles from Hayes Diversified Technologies that have a diesel single.

www.hdtusa.com

Saturday I hunted deer all day, and shot some ducks on Sunday.But all good things must pass away.
\"SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI\"
\"Thus passes the glory of the world\"
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page