Friendly, Observant Dealer Staff - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 11:10 PM

Model: GL1800 2015 Red
Post imported post

I go to two dealers, Westside Honda of Selkirk, and Winnipeg Sport and Leisure.

I don't have any beefs with either one, I bought the Wing from Westside, because the other choice was a demonstrator with 1300km in Arctic White at the same price.

I wanted something more or less red anyway.

I've bought stuff from both of them and had service done at both, but not on bikes, that I always do myself. I really cannot complain, and so far I have not had to go to a Honda dealer elsewhere, touch wood and whistle.

My wife has her Odyssey serviced at Birchwood Honda, and we have always been quite happy with them too.

John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 12:23 AM

Model: GL-1500
Post imported post

I posted not too many days ago about "Hide My Visa Card" about a trip to the Honda shop nearest my home. At one time this dealership was were my wife worked at for over 6 years. They sold Honda, Suzuki, and Motto Guzzi motorcycles. This was were I bought my GS-1000 Suzuki from before my wife went to work there. Back then the dealer was Mr.O.D. Hunziker, Hunziker Cycles, I could take my bike in at any hour of the day 6 days a week and knew it would be finished before I left....Parts people were great too.

Then Mr. Hunziker sold out to a company now named Honda of Houston. They closed the old shop and moved into a new place, along with not selling Suzuki or Moto Guzzi's. I had not been to the new place until a week or so ago. I was met at the door by a real friendly sales person and was taken to the Gold wing area. He stayed with me while I made a total fool of my self, then directed me to the parts counter, where one of the parts guys took my order, checked for availability, and located what I wanted for my 82 wing. He even came out from behind the counter and helped me find the oils antifreeze etc that I was going to need , ran a print out and never stopped smiling the whole time. He even said that if my bike did need work done in their shop it could and would be done on a 82.

So I guess this dealer ship might be that exception that I have been reading about. If I ever decide to have any work done there I'll keep ya'll posted on what happens...

Oh by the way this young parts guy stated that he had bought his uncles 85 aspy and had just finished over hauling it, I told him about this site and he promised to check it out....

Claude

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 10:46 AM

Post imported post

Our local dealer has several brands to sell and support for any are erratic at best. I went in for a screw for the handlebar switch. A 6x32 screw! That will be two weeks, we have to order it. You have to pay upfront. That will be $5.46....

F'ing forget that! I went to a hardware store and got one for $0.56 in stock. The parts guys there remind me of the attitude that people talk about with Sabre Cycles.

Steve (Texson) Caudle
Nacogdoches, Tx
78 GL 1000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 05:46 AM

Post imported post

I've said it on here before,but our local Honda shop, in Hickory, is the best around. It doesn't hurt that the main parts guy is my brother-in-law. If he doesn't have it, he'll find it. He even has HD wholesalers buying from him. The service dept works on anything...including Wings older than 10 years old. The head mechanic specializes in older Wings. Of course they balk at "project bikes". Ones that have been in a shed or field for 15 years and they want you to get them running in tip top shape. Not happening.

My bro-in-law is the first to agree that Mother Honda is not very customer friendly and that add ons are too expensive. But what ya gonna do?

I'd love to see a demo ride day on bikes. They have one for water craft but not bikes.

I guess Mother Honda knows they have such a good product, we'll keep coming.

We'll see.....

Without a ride...for now.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Passed On, R.I.P.

Post imported post

Honda's having demo rides at the WingDing in Greenville.

98Wing-487 wrote:
Quote:
I've said it on here before,but our local Honda shop, in Hickory, is the best around. It doesn't hurt that the main parts guy is my brother-in-law. If he doesn't have it, he'll find it. He even has HD wholesalers buying from him. The service dept works on anything...including Wings older than 10 years old. The head mechanic specializes in older Wings. Of course they balk at "project bikes". Ones that have been in a shed or field for 15 years and they want you to get them running in tip top shape. Not happening.

My bro-in-law is the first to agree that Mother Honda is not very customer friendly and that add ons are too expensive. But what ya gonna do?

I'd love to see a demo ride day on bikes. They have one for water craft but not bikes.

I guess Mother Honda knows they have such a good product, we'll keep coming.

We'll see.....

Michael
Too much chrome to polish, too little time!!
Have trailer, will travel!! Not all Wingers are old Wingers.

PGR member. Riding in memory of my father, Clyde D. Ward, USN. WWII

Myself, USN, Vietnam Vet. 68-72, 74-76
VF-194 aboard the USS. Oriskany
USS Saratoga, ships company

-----------------------------------
Bagmaster, our former forum Toolmaster and friend, is no longer with us. He passed away in February 2012.

The roads and byways, no matter how beautiful and exhilarating, are a lonelier place now. RIP Bagmaster (Baggy).
-----------------------------------
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Motosickle
Post imported post

hello, i hate so say it ,but bad dealers aren't just a honda problem. I have a Triumph ,that doesn't stock any parts for,nor can the staff find parts on the computer. i end up ordering parts from Iowa, and get them quicker and by a nicer staff.
heck, there's only a couple of independent shops and one is borderline when it comes to parts .
there are good and bad in all shops. i don't condemn the motorcycle, just the shopkeepers.

A proud Patriot Guard Rider........because it\'s the right thing to do!
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:56 AM

Post imported post

I am working more and more towards a repair shop. I am not going to crawl under houses forever.

There are as many different makes and models of motorcycles and brands as there are pills in a drugstore. I think that is why most dealers and small private shops do not have a lot of parts on hand One can keep on hand lots of basic kits like o'rings, and bolts and fasteners.......and carb screw kits.....but I can assure you you can have one size screw of each needed and the one you need .....you will not have That is just the way it works.

I will not carry a whole lot of inventory.....for one thing things go bad just sitting around, stuff like carb parts even coated with talcum powder simply rot over a two year period.....and one may not ever need them but once in that time frame.

Just so many specialized parts........that you could carry.......but never use.....so that is why most shops do not have quite a few things on hand and do have to order them. But does not take long......you can get things overnight. If you really want to.

Kit

The 1800 is my bike. The very best motorcycle ever made. I was enthralled with my first test ride on this machine. It is a great bike. A crotch rocket with storage bags.............As for oil I use the slick kind, and I like round tires, but as of late I have found square ones work best on the rear. Pirelli Eufori 195/55/16 @ 32 PSI
Kit
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 03:48 AM

Post imported post

I know I'm new to all this but I grew up with my parents running a small grocery store in a small country town and I never saw them treat people bad no matter what, that is why all these years later they are still in business ( even though us kids think they should retire )
Our local dealer in the madsion/ hanover indiana area is andersons and they are 5 brothers and sisters who bought their fathers shop. Everytime my wife and I go in there they are always curtious. I know I have been whinning about my bike being in the shop but they told me before hand it was about 1 & 1/2 behind in shop. And it is a 1985 interstate. When I asked about them working on it Joshua didn't blink an eye just said sure but we are running behind due to riding season in full swing. One of the younger boys at the dealership has been encouraging my wife to get a rebel or shadow and always goes out of his way to speak with her even though he knows if she does it won't be until next year, that to me is important...customer relations. I will gladly go somewhere and spend a few more dollars with a dealership that treats use like we are important. Am I paying alot to get my wing fixed probably so, but if they do it right then I will gladly return. But hopefully I will learn to fix most things myself
Sorry for going on and on but being treated right by businesses is my biggest pet pive.
Best Regards, Ray

Working riding whenever we can. Wish I had more time to hang out with my goldwing family!
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 09:42 AM

Post imported post

Apparently my local Honda dealer is a rare breed from what I have been reading. The owner is the head sales man and knows these bikes inside and out,his son is the only other sales man and has followed in his fathers footsteps very closley. They both have gone out of their way several times to do what they can to make sure I walk(ride) out with a smile. If I need a part, they will walk me over to the parts guys and tell them to "GET this" for our customer, they have even been known to "borrow" parts off a bike they have on the floor for sale,then they get what ever replaced on the "loaner" bike.

They have been in business for 30 years and I can see why,maybe Mother Honda should take a serious look at those dealers with less than satisfied customers and use the good dealers as a standard before selling franchises to just those interested in the mighty$$$. People travel from out of state just to do business with my local Honda dealer. He knows he's got a good thing going and his son is right on board with him. Customer satisfaction is a must for their dealership,they don't just sell bikes they help a customer enjoy the whole expierence of owning the best built bikes,Honda.

Shane.

No, I did not get any upgrades for my comments, just passing along that there ARE decent Honda dealers out there. His reputation speaks for it'self in these parts. If you happen to be in these parts of the country,(Iowa), PM me and I will give you his info. Apparently it's worth the trip.

Current 1991 GL1500SE Anniversary Edition
Past bikes. 2002 VTX 1800c
1995 Shadow ACE 1100
1986 Suz,850 full dress
1983 Kaw,KZ1300
1983 Kaw,KZ1100
1985 Suz,750
1985 Suz,550(2)
1981 Cx,500
1981 Suz 400
Throw in a couple dirt bikes in the mid 80\'s
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 03:51 PM

Post imported post

i have been going to DesPlaines honda for severql years now and have no complaints .. They have always had time foor questions and even work on my 81gl1100. That is one big reason I went for a wing over HD when I bought my gl1800 this year. They have weekend customer appreciation events and always remember your name. No complaints here.

2008 GL1800
\'81 GL1100
\'85 BMW K100rt
\'91 Nighthawk 750
None of my bikes make much noise.

veho illic quod tergum
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page