Friendly, Observant Dealer Staff - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: 1800 Goldwing
Post imported post

To sell, repair and supply you need to have a happy staff willing to help the customer to the best of the company's ability. Honda has to be aware of the dealerships poor performance. The customer should never feel upset, regretful to go to a Honda retail store. Some of the old Japanese methods need to be employed to the today stores. A simple smile and if busy a simple acknowledgement that I exist is a big step forward. Selling bikes comes with a smile. Parts, Better pricing and a smile. Service, If it says Honda, We will do everything wecan to see you the customer leave with a smile no matter what year of the bike. My opinion with 35 yrs of smiling repairing anything on wheels. Tony

02 1800-PEARL CHROMIUM PURPLE ( ILLUSSION BLUE )
__________________________________________________ __
Tony or Anthony if your mad at me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 02:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to britman Send a message via Yahoo to britman
Post imported post

AVA AUTO TECH wrote:
Quote:
To sell, repair and supply you need to have a happy staff willing to help the customer to the best of the company's ability. Honda has to be aware of the dealerships poor performance. The customer should never feel upset, regretful to go to a Honda retail store. Some of the old Japanese methods need to be employed to the today stores. A simple smile and if busy a simple acknowledgement that I exist is a big step forward. Selling bikes comes with a smile. Parts, Better pricing and a smile. Service, If it says Honda, We will do everything wecan to see you the customer leave with a smile no matter what year of the bike. My opinion with 35 yrs of smiling repairing anything on wheels. Tony
Howcome Harley and BMW and all the inderpendant store's do it but not Honda .Service with a smile goesalong way .

hi im gary and i suffer from MBS [multiply bike syndrome ] once you have one bike you need more than one and i need help getting more
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 09:42 AM

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox
Post imported post

Having just read the thread about Sly and the dealer in Anchorage not working on his older Wing, I have descided that I will no longer frequent a Honda shop for anything but emergency purchaces. Someone mentioned eloquently that Honda built them and sold them, so they should maintain them.... how true.

I have the feeling that Honda salesare going to go downhill, if their after sales service is so poor, whilst all the others are working to improve relations with their customers.

HONDA...... PULL YOUR SOCKS UP!!!!!

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 11:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to butteminer54
Post imported post

I for one will only go to a Honda dealer at the last resort.

I will bad mouth Honda when ever I can to any one that will listen.

Bad mouth I mean tell the truth about their service and manners.

My next machine will not be a Honda for sure.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 03:12 AM

Post imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Quote:
There is a good dealer in the UK but I have to travel to Hastings to use him, The one in Bangor 11 miles away from where I reside is particularly rude, offensive and extremley un-knowledgable.

I would'nt trust the one in Bangor with Bryony's PW50

We all need to vote with our feet and wallets...
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 03:30 AM

Post imported post

tanygaer wrote:
Quote:
Silverfox wrote:
Quote:
There is a good dealer in the UK but I have to travel to Hastings to use him, The one in Bangor 11 miles away from where I reside is particularly rude, offensive and extremley un-knowledgable.

I would'nt trust the one in Bangor with Bryony's PW50

We all need to vote with our feet and wallets...
i know i do, that is why i make a point of going to my local dealership as often as i can to let them know their goldwing is crap and how good the opposition is with aftermarket parts,sales and service...

had to re-edit as the dealership only has one wing and it has been there for 7 months that i know of..

\"\"THE MAD WELSHMAN in OZ\"\"

\"Lifetime member of the ORIGINAL 6 PACK club\"
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: 1800 Goldwing
Post imported post

Hey Taff; I've also noticed here that their not selling a lot of goldwings here also. The small guys have been slowly closing up business and the car dealerships now sell bikes, lawnmowers,chainsaws and generators. All under one roof. This must be Honda's way to lure the buyer in. They don't seem to care that you can buy the same product one hour away in the USA for alot cheaper. In my case $7,000.00 cheaper for a 1800. The only catch is warranty which the dealership in Buffalo will honour.

02 1800-PEARL CHROMIUM PURPLE ( ILLUSSION BLUE )
__________________________________________________ __
Tony or Anthony if your mad at me
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 06:12 AM

Post imported post

AVA AUTO TECH wrote:
Quote:
Hey Taff; I've also noticed here that their not selling a lot of goldwings here also. The small guys have been slowly closing up business and the car dealerships now sell bikes, lawnmowers,chainsaws and generators. All under one roof. This must be Honda's way to lure the buyer in. They don't seem to care that you can buy the same product one hour away in the USA for alot cheaper. In my case $7,000.00 cheaper for a 1800. The only catch is warranty which the dealership in Buffalo will honour.
there are plenty of wings here in oz, it is just a very minor few that want the 1800, all the rest are 2000 and younger.

\"\"THE MAD WELSHMAN in OZ\"\"

\"Lifetime member of the ORIGINAL 6 PACK club\"
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Old School Guru

Year: 2007
Make: Goldwing
Model: GL1800 CSC Trike with Navi
Garage
Post imported post

Well, I have to say that the dealership in Killeen, Tx (Killeen Powersports) has a first rate service department, and a extremely friendly staff throughout the dealership. Having said that, they are also one of the more expensive dealerships to buy from, and that is because the are right next door to a very large military base. But I have seen them working on 30 year old Wings and Susuki in their shop. It helps that theirsenior mechanic rides a 1978 KZ1000 that looks showroom new, the service manager rides a GL1500, and the shop forman, will ride anything he can get his hands on. I have also heard that AL Lambs in Dallas are great to deal with. Here in Arkansas, Searcy Honda seems friendly and knowledgeable, not sure about their service department, since I haven't met any of the employees, but they appear to work on a lot of 1200 and 1500s and 1800s there. So not all dealers are as discribed, though I also know they are several that don't deserve to be open.

Gene

Gene Lester
Present Bikes: 2007 GL1800 CSC Trike with Navi
Loud pipes don't save lives, they just annoy everyone.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The "United States of America", for an amount of up to and including their life. (Author unknown)

Proud member of the World Famous Wild Rhinos
Arkansas Chapter
Darksider #265
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 07:37 PM

Post imported post

The Honda dealers in both Warrensburg, MO and Sedalia, MO which are either 10 miles to 20 away really suck. Parts dept in either suck and the one in the Burg will not work on Goldwings. Their salespeople really suck.:P

Ride smart and safe

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page