Just one thing - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

SO my '03 turned over 100K a couple weekends ago, and then I get the administrative note reminding me that I actually *did* join this board a while back. (Forgetful idiot!)

I think I'd like to introduce myself here. I am a Latin teacher in the Deep South who rides all year long. At this point my Leanabago has had nearly every microswitch replaced, has had the frame weld done, has had the left bag latch mechanism replaced twice, the windshield ratchet once (needs doing again), had the alternator clip break an a piece of it get sucked into the tranny, necessitating a complete teardown and rebuild, has had the ECM swapped & the speed sensor replaced, and I forget what all else. This weekend, the headlight subharness gets replaced. All of this has been done under warranty.

What do I want? Either a more reliable Wing or a loaner bike every single time I'm having warranty work done. I love this bike, but it is the least reliable I have ever owned. And sadly, if I were going to buy a replacement today, I'd just get an '08 Wing. What a sucker.

Pax,
Michael
IBA, HRCA, former '93 viffer crotch rocket, now '03 couch rocket

former 1993 VFR750F Crotch Rocket
then 2003 GL1800 Leanabago Couch Rocket
traded in with with only 152K on the clock
for '14 NSS300 (now a commuter instead of tourer)
IBA (50CC, SS2K, BB15K), HRCA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 10:47 AM

Location: Edgefield -Capitol of the South-, South Carolina, USA
Post imported post

Welcome from South Kakalaki!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. There's bound to be at least on lemon every so often. A loaner bike would be a great idea. I have always felt that if it was under warranty, then they should give you something to ride while they fix their problems.

Update your profile to include your location so we'll know where you are.

Oh yeah Carpe Diem and Spes Mea in Deo Est and Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit!

Sean, the Resident Redneck
1997 GL1500 Aspencade Limited Edition
1983 GL1100 Aspencade
Freemasonry--2B1ASK1
"Fear the government that fears YOUR guns."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:54 AM

Post imported post

mbmyer wrote:
Quote:
SO my '03 turned over 100K a couple weekends ago, and then I get the administrative note reminding me that I actually *did* join this board a while back. (Forgetful idiot!)

I think I'd like to introduce myself here. I am a Latin teacher in the Deep South who rides all year long. At this point my Leanabago has had nearly every microswitch replaced, has had the frame weld done, has had the left bag latch mechanism replaced twice, the windshield ratchet once (needs doing again), had the alternator clip break an a piece of it get sucked into the tranny, necessitating a complete teardown and rebuild, has had the ECM swapped & the speed sensor replaced, and I forget what all else. This weekend, the headlight subharness gets replaced. All of this has been done under warranty.

What do I want? Either a more reliable Wing or a loaner bike every single time I'm having warranty work done. I love this bike, but it is the least reliable I have ever owned. And sadly, if I were going to buy a replacement today, I'd just get an '08 Wing. What a sucker.

Pax,
Michael
IBA, HRCA, former '93 viffer crotch rocket, now '03 couch rocket

well get picky then

2007 Vulcan 2053cc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

Dominoes, no biscuits.

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 02:27 PM

Post imported post

I bought my 86 Gw and 2 weeks later the stator went out. No warranty or guarantee on it. The dealer not only fixed it at absolutely no cost to me....they gave us a 2004 1800 to ride for the 3 weeks that it took them to repair it.... I guess we were lucky or we have one hell of a Honda Dealer.

Only thing was, is that after I got mine back, I didnt want to give back the 1800. :P

When Im in the market for my next bike...1500 or 1800...I will definately be going back to this dealer...

Dean
When you\'re riding lead...don\'t spit

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page