Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/)
-   -   Six speed transmission and Cordless intercom system (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/304724-six-speed-transmission-cordless-intercom-system.html)

Goldwing48 06-18-2008 08:50 AM

imported post

The 1800 has always turned too many rpm at highway speeds. I'm always subconsciously wanting to shift one more time. The engine seems to have more than enough torque to allow another 500 rpm drop with one more gear. It would probably increase fuel mileage as well. Anybody else feel that way?

It also seems time to develop an intercom system that requires no cords.

Goldwing48 "A Goldwing in the Kentucky Bluegrass"

Henderson Kentucky

Buzzmoe2 07-11-2008 08:51 PM

imported post

Would love to have a 6 speed tranny.

Goldwing48 07-12-2008 06:22 PM

imported post

1 Attachment(s)
I'm hoping that Honda of America is reading the posts. In lieu of a big redesign of the bodywork, they could throw us the six-speed tranny and wireless intercoms. Those two items could be very good for sales for at least one more year before a redisn to the body. Anybody else agree???

:clapper:

IPegasus 07-12-2008 08:05 PM

imported post

+1 vote for the 6 speed.

tanygaer 07-13-2008 03:19 PM

imported post

I would'nt mind the extra gear, but i want a gear indicator aswell, now the cordless intercom would be a big bonus, and should be easy enough now with Bluetooth technology....

sarge1957 07-26-2008 10:39 AM

imported post

I have had my wing for 3wks. ride to work on interstate. 6th gear would be nice

Goldwing48 07-26-2008 12:09 PM

imported post

Congratulations on purchasing your Goldwing. You will love it. I'm hoping that Honda will see and hear our pleas for a sixth gear. And after several years of ownership, I KNOW owners would appreciate a wireless intercom. What about it, Honda? Are you listening? :action:

honda54299 07-26-2008 01:50 PM

imported post

I would really like a 6th gear and wireless intercom. I like the idea so much, that I would trade-in my 2007 wing and buy the new model.

sarge1957 07-26-2008 02:15 PM

imported post

thanks! I already love and so does my wife!

cldryder 07-28-2008 07:46 AM

imported post

I researched a bluetooth wireless headset. I was told by a knowledgable source that bluetooth will not provide the fidelity which historically has make the GW's sound system superior to the competition. BLuetooth is fine for voice comm like intercom and cellphones but inferior for music. (I'd be happy to be wrong on this if someone out there knows more than I do or if I have wrong information.)

I'll stay with the wire if thats what needed to keep the superior sound quality.