1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:28 PM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

I know there is a place in Paris (france)called star bike ,they sell the wiper kit for the 1800 ,but they have to fit it,You may be able to find there web page if you google the name ,and they may be able to sort you out with the 1500 kit ,

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yes it is Gaelic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:37 PM

Model: GL1800
Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

wexy wrote:
Quote:
I know there is a place in Paris (france)called star bike ,they sell the wiper kit for the 1800 ,but they have to fit it,You may be able to find there web page if you google the name ,and they may be able to sort you out with the 1500 kit ,
This is the page with the wiper;

http://www.star-bike.com/Essuie%20glace.htm

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
post #43 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 02:50 AM

Post imported post

thanks guys now does anyone speak frence
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 07:30 AM

Location: West Middlesex, at I-80 Pa/ Oh border, Pennsylvania, USA
Post imported post

Use the Google translator.
http://translate.google.com/#
post #45 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 07:54 AM

Post imported post

ok cheers mate
post #46 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 01:48 PM

Post imported post

Nightrider1 wrote:
Quote:
Why don't yo just get some of Honda's Plexus, and watch the rain just run off? It works for me. Much less expensive to.
Nightrider1
Lemon scent pledge works very much like Plexus. It doesn't last real long butthe can is small, easy to pack on the bikeand it only takes a few seconds to apply a new coat provided you have a nice little terry cloth to wipe with..
post #47 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 07:31 PM

Post imported post

lowrider69 wrote:
Quote:
thanks guys now does anyone speak frence
This is a copy of the page in english I used Google translator to translate the whole page
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0001IR.jpeg (62.4 KB, 152 views)
post #48 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 03:25 AM

Post imported post

its alot of money no matter how you look at it init
post #49 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 09:53 PM

Post imported post

I think a windshield made by "Pacifico" ? They had a wiper on a model but the problem of scratching was never solved. Failed concept until a surface hard enough to handle sand paper, and stay optically clear .
post #50 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 05:45 AM

Model: 1999 Gl1500SE
Post imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Quote:
I have watched numerous threads about windscreen wipers on here and they always hold my interest, since I am one of those who would dearly like to have one so that I could have a taller screen and thus more protection.... BUT.....

This is how I see it, bikes that are supplied to Japan are by law required to have a windscreen wiper, so Honda supply the Wings with them on. They will however NOT under any circumstances sell to other countries. Now my take on this is that they know full well, that the wipers will scratch the screens on a Wing. Because of local laws they concede in Japan, to cover themselves, but they would not want the trouble that scratched windscreens would cause in other countries. Niteflyer,one of our members contacted Honda America asking to buy one and Honda flatly refused, so he made one himself.

I see on the Japanese one pictured, what appears to be a water jet nozzle to the left of the arm on the chrome bra, this would be absolutely essential in my mind for a wiper to stand any chance of not scratching the stock screens, or as Kit and others say, grit will get under the blade and do it's worst. This jet would need to soak the screen before the rubber blade started to move over the screen to lubricate it and allow dirt to be dispersed by the blade effectively.

Unless some firm develops a screen specifically to stand up to the scratch effect of grit and dirt, I fear they are not worth fitting.

This said, it would be nice if Honda did offer them for sale around the world for those who want them, but I doubt it will ever happen, unless they change screen material.

I know this is an old thread, but as I have a wiper equipped bike, I thought I'd post. I live in Japan and own a 99 GL1500SE. The wiper spring tension is not like that on a car and is very light which allows the blade to remove the beaded water without scratching.Also, the spray nozzle for the wiper does a great job. There are two wiper switches. One is a lever located between the left handlebar switch cluster and the rear speaker fader and is activated bythe forefinger which causes the sprayer to soak the windshield and cause the wiper to move back and forth once. The second switch is a slider switch below the left handlebar cluster. It has a delay and constant wiper mode. The delay isn't adjustable. I purchased the bike back in November with 30,000km and currently it is 41,000km. I ride in the rain and the wiper works great. The windscreen has no scratches, so Honda dd a good job. In Japan, Goldwings that are privately imported do not have to have wipers. The wiper option is 150,000 yen at the dealer which is around $1800 USD now which may explain why it is not offered overseas.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page