fix for the turnsignals - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 06:56 AM

Post imported post

BobbyB says " Honda is messing with my life by doing this with no options,"

Another option is:

"Pay Attention & hit the darn signal again!!!!!!!!

I know that it turns off too soon,and that I like being alive and not ran over,so I fixed the problem myself.

I tell myself everytime I hit it,to watch when it goes off and hit it again.wow easy fix.......

Not blame Honda.............

Well Officer I knew that this was gonna happen one day,Yes Officer I knew the signal turned off too soon,but That's Honda's fault not mine.

Officer's says well son,if you knew this was a problem and didn't do anything to correct it,than the reason the guy ran over you is partly your fault,

if you knew you had a turn signal light bulb burned out,would that be Honda's fault,the guys fault that ran you over OR your fault ?

Just my 2 cents worth......

Tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spend the money on a good seat, (Corbin) and enjoy the WHOLE ride,not just the beginning.
1994 GL1500 Aspencade Pearl Atlantis Blue
2002 1500 Vulcan Classic Pearl Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:04 AM

Model: 2006 GL1800
Post imported post

Regarding hitting the switch again, I've been riding all my life, and in the middle of a curve, clutching to downshift or coming to a stop with the clutch pulled in while in the middle of a curve waiting for an oncoming car, it is a bit difficult to hit the switch just as the signal stops blinking. In my opinion, the suggestion to hit the switch again is not really much of a fix.

Mark
06 GL1800
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Best looking member

Year: 1997
Make: Honda, is there any other?
Model: 1997 SE. Pearl Green
Post imported post

I would have thought that you Americans that sue cuz the Mc D's coffee was too hot would be all over Honda for this one. I agree that sometimes when turning and dealing with cars, pedestrians, road hazards and clutching, It can sometimes be hard to hit the button again. Which is why I adjusted mine as mentioned earlier in this topic. On the 1500 when you push the turn signal button you get approximately 10 flashes before it stops, if you don't lean the bike over. It will cycle the 10 flashes no matter when you hit the button. If you are in the 5th or 6th flash of the previous cycle it will flash 10 times from the new button push. I don't know if it's the same on the 1800's. If it is you don't have to look for the last flash, just keep pushing the button every 6 or 7 seconds and it will flash 10 from that point. It is a pain but not nearly as much as being run over would be. But your right, it is something Honda needs to address. That is if they ever really cared about what their customers thought.

Pearl Green(The Intelligent colour)

No question A.T.G.A.T.T. (Even when it's stinking hot!!)
And if it's too stinking hot to gear up, it's too stinking hot to ride.

If your not man enough to take the lead, stop complaining from behind.

I SURVIVED NASSIR 9.... barely.

To all of the troops and Vets. Thank you. I will never forget.

A proud Wild Rhino(Ontario) since 18 Jul 2013 (That mating sound thing really works!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 05:18 PM

Post imported post

kyboy67 wrote:
Quote:
BobbyB says " Honda is messing with my life by doing this with no options,"

Another option is:

"Pay Attention & hit the darn signal again!!!!!!!!

I know that it turns off too soon,and that I like being alive and not ran over,so I fixed the problem myself.

I tell myself everytime I hit it,to watch when it goes off and hit it again.wow easy fix.......

Not blame Honda.............

Well Officer I knew that this was gonna happen one day,Yes Officer I knew the signal turned off too soon,but That's Honda's fault not mine.

Officer's says well son,if you knew this was a problem and didn't do anything to correct it,than the reason the guy ran over you is partly your fault,

if you knew you had a turn signal light bulb burned out,would that be Honda's fault,the guys fault that ran you over OR your fault ?

Just my 2 cents worth......
Couldn't agree more Tony.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:52 PM

Post imported post

I hit my turn signal again because I found the it turned off early when exiting off the Highway. Mines on a GL1200I.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page