NAV system - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

We have choices now in most state about helmet usee. How about you guys give us a choice (WITH THE mandatory safety warning) to find a restaurant or gas station without pulling to the side of the road and coming to a FULL STOP. There MUST be a way to turn the NAV's safety feature OFF> How about a break. ...jws

J. W. Smith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 04:43 PM

Post imported post

Many times I have pulled into a station to get gas and turn the ignition off and get gas and get a drink , whatever. Be leading a group and pull out of the station and DARN!! I forgot to punch the enter button.

So what I have done is this. Go to Lowes, Wally World, and have a spare key made. Tell the person it is key blank number 27 for a Honda Car.

Insert the key into the gas door lock and mark the key at the surface of the lock. Now measure another 5/8th of an inch or so up from the first mark and cut the key off.

Now find a knob of your choice. For now I have used an old plastic radio knob(making a neat one out of a silver dollar) heat up the end of the key a bit and push it into the plastic knob. Now fill the open part of the knob up with some kind of epoxy and let it dry.

Now you have a key with a knob on it you can just leave in the gas door. It will also work the right pocket lock, but will not work the ignition. For it to work the ignition it has to seat a lot deeper.

So at a stop, with a group no one is going to bother your bike, riders are in and out of the store, just turn your ignition to accessory position at stops. Now when you turn it back to on and start the bike you are back online instantly and there is no boot up, no wait and no stopping to punch the enter button.

Kit

The 1800 is my bike. The very best motorcycle ever made. I was enthralled with my first test ride on this machine. It is a great bike. A crotch rocket with storage bags.............As for oil I use the slick kind, and I like round tires, but as of late I have found square ones work best on the rear. Pirelli Eufori 195/55/16 @ 32 PSI
Kit
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page