Why will some dealers not work on Hondas over 10yrs old? - Page 7 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 02:43 PM

Post imported post

I showed this thread to my local dealer and the miracle has now happened...

He says he'll fix my bike if I let him...

But I'm still not quite sure cos badwill attitude is hard to change...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 02:54 PM

Post imported post

Money talks, bullshit walks:

A dealer who needs business, and has a Wing owner willing to pay cash up front is very foolish to refuse such a customer!!

Don\'t spook the road sheep.
post #63 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 03:24 PM

Post imported post

The problem may be his technicians can't handle the age of the bike. I had a 1965 Olds 442 that alot of places wouldn't touch, even to do tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 01:50 PM

Post imported post

I for onetryto purchase American or Britishmade. . My 81 wingis a great bike, but when that goes...hello Victory, Harley,or Triumph. I always purchase Made in the USA first. I do not support putting my neighbor out of work just to save a few bucks on crap built by Countries that dump junk here just to increase market share made by low paid workers in sweatshops. You get what you pay for...and if you buy Chinese or Japanese you are not helping anyone in this country but a salesman.

Have Fun...Ride Safe
post #65 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 12:15 AM

Post imported post

I know Harley dealers that will not work on bikes more than
10 years old nor take a 2 year old Harley on trade because it had 51,000 miles on the odometer!!!!
post #66 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 11:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Aladinbama
Post imported post

I called the Honda dealer today to see about putting tires on my new (to me) Wing - a 92 1500A. They told me that they wouldn't change the tires, but if I pulled the wheels off the bike, they'd do it. Their tire prices were high compared to what's online so I asked if they minded if I bought the tires elsewhere and brought everything in, the service mgr. said they would do it for $35.00 - mount and balance.I guess I'll have to make some calls to some shops around here in case I run into something I can't/don't want to deal with - it would be nice to know someone out there would help.

My main STead now is a Honda ST1100.
post #67 of 178 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 02:30 AM

Post imported post

I farm out my work (for now) to American Biker in Ladson SC.Primarily a Harley/custom chopper shop etc.. but sells antique bikes as well.Interestingly enough, there is a sign posted in the shop quoting a different, higher labor rate for bikes more than 20 years old. I do not get charged this rate because my mechanic loves Goldwings. I wouldn't consider taking my bike to the local Honda dealer simply because of the age factor. Just my .02.

Patrick

2006 Yamaha Morphous
2011 Spyder RTS
post #68 of 178 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 05:32 AM

Garage
Post imported post

81 wing wrote:
Quote:
I for onetryto purchase American or Britishmade. . My 81 wingis a great bike, but when that goes...hello Victory, Harley,or Triumph. I always purchase Made in the USA first. I do not support putting my neighbor out of work just to save a few bucks on crap built by Countries that dump junk here just to increase market share made by low paid workers in sweatshops. You get what you pay for...and if you buy Chinese or Japanese you are not helping anyone in this country but a salesman.
You sound like some Harley riders I know, and thats fine. Sounds like you really want a Harley now and I would say go for it.

When you go to buy something for that harley or ESPECIALLY a Victory, do not look at the package for where the itemwas made.

I have said it before on this forum, I think we are going to see a new era of Honda Motorcycle coming soon, something spectacular, something fantastic,and once again they will be way out in front.

I don\'t care what you ride, just ride.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them--Thomas Jefferson

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves...Abraham Lincoln.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Heathen Darksider # 771.
Falken 912 NRF @44psi.
post #69 of 178 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 07:33 PM

Garage
Post imported post

my local power house dosent have a problem working on older bikes if you want to pay their labor rates

plus they only employ 2 experienced techs and 2 or 3 apprentices not bad but i wouldnt want a non experienced tech to work on my bike in experience isnt bad but you need trained techs now they dont train on 30 yr. old bikes at colleges and tech schools but other tan computer training its all just nuts and bolts 70% common sense 20% experience and 10% of luck lol but thats just my opinion

i am the current president of the non punctuators and bad spelling motorcycle group

post #70 of 178 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 02:36 PM

Year: 1985 1984
Make: Honda's 3
Model: GW Aspy & LTD, LTD 2
Post imported post

You know I really hate to admit this. But if I didn't do my own work on my wings I'd consider another machine and it wouldn't be a Honda. And if I should get lucky and can buy a new bike It SURE won't be a Honda. IT PROBABLY BE A HARLEY

1984 Aspencade Premium Beige Metalic..... Right Wing
1985 LTD Sunflash Gold 85,530 Grace Brown...... Left Wing
A Bird can\'t fly on one wing
That\'s why I have three wings
And another 85 LTD, LTD 2 Sunflash Gold Grace Brown.... Tail Wing

With three wings I believe I can fly

AL

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page