GOLDTRIKING - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 06:56 PM

Model: 2012 GL-1800
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Flyone
Post imported post

No big insurance difference here..........

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dsc00113.jpg (128.7 KB, 356 views)

2012 GL-1800,2001 Cycle Mate CM2000 LTD Trailer
PM of Northstar Masonic Lodge #168, Wichita, KS 2B1ASK1, Midian Shriner, AOPA, Founding member of Wild Rhinos and KANWINGS
NASSIR 5 Host - which was an honor and pleasure to serve the members of this forum.
RIP Pop Fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
Post imported post

Times are changing and Honda needs to produce their own trike, they're loosing a lot of sales. Harley Davidson saw the handwriting on the wall and teamed up with Lehman to produce a trike, Honda can do the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:27 AM

Post imported post

We build these in the uk!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Our Trike.jpg (158.3 KB, 303 views)

Steve & Denise McEvoy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Honda Guru

Year: 1988
Make: Honda GoldWing
Model: 88 GL1500
Post imported post

When I was still in the dealership mode I asked the Honda Sales Rep about Honda building their own trike and he said that Honda will NEVER, EVER build another 3 wheel anything. This was back in the early 2000's so the memory ran deep with them. I was told that Honda was really scrambling to get the US government to NOT recall all the ATC models. That's why they completely complied with the ATV Consent Decree. At the dealership level we all had specific training how to handle the ATV Consent Decree, how to talk to customers, how NOT to sell an ATV to a customer when they acknowledged it was to be ridden by an underaged child, how to watch for dummy customers. According the the sales rep I was talking to if Honda had to recall all the ATC's it ever sold could have bankrupt Honda. I don't think they want to get back into the 3-wheelers despite it being a different demographic.

But remember to 'Never Say Never'.

Ray
88 GL1500
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 12:45 PM

Post imported post

TrikeHuntin wrote:
Quote:
Forget trying to transform an elephant into a gazelle to appeal to a few aging boomers that haven't faced reality yet. Go back to building a solid, reliable machine, like the GL1500, but put 3 wheels on it for the other 90% of the boomer generation. We have money, but want to spend it on a product that has the reliability and customer service that built the Goldwing reputation.
Well, I'm one of those "aging boomers" who "haven't faced reality yet." My question is: what is this reality you speak of? Perhaps it's that us aging guys are supposed to roll over and get out of the way of the younger folks? Not I, buddy-roo! I'm only 63, but plan to ride until it just doesn't work anymore. I'd rather ride on 2 wheels, but I feel safer (and you should too!) on 3 wheels for the time being.

As for the 'elephant to gazelle', I'm not sure to what that refers. Calling a Goldwing (any year) an elephant is dang near sacreligious... and I'm not sure that a trike qualifies as a gazelle...

To beat an old phrase to death, it's not what you ride, but that you ride!

Have fun anyway and watch out for us old geezers.

Grayowl

('03 Black Goldwing GL1800 with MotorTrike Adventure conversion)
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 04:08 PM

Post imported post

Take it from an old geezer, I could never see the joy of a trike, however I now own one and let me say I never enjoyed riding this much. Now I look at those handling those big bikes and wonder when they will get the message
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 06:00 PM

Post imported post

I think I would prefer the landing gear device that lowers two outrigger wheels at slow speeds and raises them automatically when getting under way. Not the large ones but the small ones which I have seen on some U-Tube videos. Riding (driving) a trike is not motorcycling in my humble opinion.
Bobby

1984 Asp.
2003 GL1800 AT 930 lbs, too heavy for my old body
2005 H-D Heritage Classic Noisy and windy
2003 Kaw Voyager, 1984 Asp.
2003 Yamaha Intruder 1400
2011 GL1100, 1978 Kaw 650, 1972 Moto Guzzi 750
1977 Yanaha 650
1959 Triumph 650
Ride as long as you possibly can and smile a lot.

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page