Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/)
-   -   GOLDTRIKING (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/346326-goldtriking.html)

TrikeHuntin 05-03-2010 09:56 AM

imported post

Forget trying to transform an elephant into a gazelle to appeal to a few aging boomers that haven't faced reality yet. Go back to building a solid, reliable machine, like the GL1500, but put 3 wheels on it for the other 90% of the boomer generation. We have money, but want to spend it on a product that has the reliability and customer service that built the Goldwing reputation.

BenMilner 05-03-2010 10:32 AM

imported post

The GL1800 is a gazelle compared to the GL1500. Handles better, stops on a dime and weighs less. Honda got those parts right.

I do agree a trike from the factory would be a good idea. We aren't all going to be able to hold up a Goldwing when we get older, and a trike will let us keep riding a Wing when we might not be able to otherwise.

jimsjinx 05-03-2010 11:54 AM

imported post

That's why I have one. It is a travesty to pay upwards of 32 grand for a trike Honda won't touch, so they should build thier own version. Plus the trike shops themselves need the competition! jimsjinx

Bill Smith 05-03-2010 04:23 PM

imported post

I agree, if Honda made a trike version the extra cost to buy one would be a lot less than the cost of an after market conversion and would proberbly increase sales for Honda

:15white::15white::15white::15white: :15white:

jimsjinx 05-03-2010 07:39 PM

imported post

Yeah, these aftermarket trike companies have found a great demographic, and have invested a ton of work in design and production. All of em seem to have thier good points, and they are all pretty bullet proof. So Honda could really be able to fill the niche with a more affordable trike, with Honda working on them in the service departments. jimsjinx

tfdeputydawg 05-04-2010 08:17 AM

imported post

jimsjinx wrote:
Quote:

It is a travesty to pay upwards of 32 grand for a trike Honda won't touch
You haven't priced a new "loaded" Wing w/a good trike conversion lately have you?

Try upwards of $40K and above!:sleepy:

OnaWingAndaPrayer 05-09-2010 07:47 AM

imported post

I think they wont produce a factory trike because of the ATC lawsuits in there memory , even though its a totally different beast and demographc .

w.bishop 05-11-2010 06:12 AM

imported post

Will insurance be more or less with a trike?

SA Wingrider 05-11-2010 07:54 AM

imported post

w.bishop wrote:
Quote:

Over here in SA you pay insurance on the value of your vehicle and your age is also taken into consideration. No diff between bike or trike , just the above as mentioned. :cheesygrin:

big al59 05-17-2010 03:26 PM

imported post

w.bishop wrote:
Quote:

I found the fully comp insurance on the trike had increased from when it was a motorcycle but then the value had increased considerably.

Would love to purchase a trike built by mother Honda but dont think would ever be in a position to afford one.:sadguy: