What would you give up?? - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

2Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 04:04 PM

Model: 1999 1500SE Motortrike
Post imported post

I would gladly give up the tupperware! Make the panels like racing equipment. Zeuss fasteners or something. I like the enduro style panels. One or two pieces cover the needed areas. Someone who has,say a 1500 torn down, actually WIEGH the tupperware and see how heavy it really is! Makes Maint. a hassle sometimes. Rant over! jimsjinx

"We are put here, to take care of each other"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

jimsjinx wrote:
Quote:
I would gladly give up the tupperware! Make the panels like racing equipment. Zeuss fasteners or something. I like the enduro style panels. One or two pieces cover the needed areas. Someone who has,say a 1500 torn down, actually WIEGH the tupperware and see how heavy it really is! Makes Maint. a hassle sometimes. Rant over! jimsjinx
Except in a rain storm.

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 06:11 PM

Model: 1999 1500SE Motortrike
Post imported post

Killjoy. Jim

"We are put here, to take care of each other"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 12:51 PM

Garage
Post imported post

now dont get me wrong im a plain meat and potatoes kinda guy

air bags show some intrest for saftey at lower speeds i would probably buy them on the bike heck the insurance would be cheaper

but as far as navigation computer gps crap in my humble opinion i wont buy a bike with all that garbage on it or a 10cd disk changer thats just retarted in my opinoin

the less stuff to confuse ya the better half the guys i know that have 1800's dont even know what half the switches and do-dads do

i am the current president of the non punctuators and bad spelling motorcycle group

post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 03:55 PM

Model: 2012 GL-1800
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Flyone
Post imported post

What would I give up??? That's easy.....it would be my wife because if I went out and spend $30K+ on a new motorcycle, she'd be gone like a freight train! Left, outta here, buh bye!

I like my wife, I think I'll hold on to what I got........Goldwing and the wife!!

2012 GL-1800,2001 Cycle Mate CM2000 LTD Trailer
PM of Northstar Masonic Lodge #168, Wichita, KS 2B1ASK1, Midian Shriner, AOPA, Founding member of Wild Rhinos and KANWINGS
NASSIR 5 Host - which was an honor and pleasure to serve the members of this forum.
RIP Pop Fly
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 06:10 PM

Garage
Post imported post

lol well spoken fly1 well spoken

i am the current president of the non punctuators and bad spelling motorcycle group

post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 04:09 PM

Post imported post

I have a 2010 XM/Navi which we bought very spontaneously. I was hoping to get a 1500 next year, but circumstances were just right, the planets aligned and voila! we are on an 1800. My son calls it a yacht scooter! I have to agree that there are just too many controls and the keyfob? Why? Bike also did not come with a 12 volt power outlet. (how you going to plug in the espresso machine?) If dealer had had a 2010 1800 standard I would have bought it. We like the XM but for now, the Navi and CB are just unused buttons and parts that are taking up space..
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

jjolly wrote:
Quote:
I have a 2010 XM/Navi which we bought very spontaneously. I was hoping to get a 1500 next year, but circumstances were just right, the planets aligned and voila! we are on an 1800. My son calls it a yacht scooter! I have to agree that there are just too many controls and the keyfob? Why? Bike also did not come with a 12 volt power outlet. (how you going to plug in the espresso machine?) If dealer had had a 2010 1800 standard I would have bought it. We like the XM but for now, the Navi and CB are just unused buttons and parts that are taking up space..
There's a lot of guys out there crying over not getting the CB who thought they would never need it. It is helpful if you ever ride with others.

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Still a winger at heart.

Model: Sure wish I could ride...
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to UbarW
Post imported post

I find that not having one gives the others someone to talk about...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders-Id: 79170

Panel 16W - Line 33

post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:28 PM

Garage
Post imported post

arnt cell phones better than cb's and dont most new radios on the new bikes pick up the weather channel?

also why not have a 12volt power outlet.... jezz come on what are they thinkin

most motorcycle cb's that ive seen dont really work that well unless yoru right next to the other person anyway

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page