Improve the look of the Saddle - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 07:34 AM
The Irish Crew

Post imported post

IdahoRaider wrote:
Quote:
Does not the 2012 kind of have a 2 tone seat, with the new seat material they are using?*
The couple I've seen had plain dark gray, similar to the older model. Shame really, a two tone saddle would have worked well with the to tone paintwork.

Dave Heffernan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 05:21 AM

Model: gl1200
Post imported post

you can buy spray paint that is made for vinyl or leather,it works real good.my friend had a red seat on his bmw and its now grey,

1983 honda cb350 (gone)
1987 kz 125 (gone)
2003 polaris 330 4x4 (gone)
2009 1973 nonda cd175 (on the road)
2011 1985 honda goldwing gl1200(on the road)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 09:18 AM

Year: 1998 CSC Trike / 1999 50th Anniversary Edition
Model: 1998 CSC Trike / 1999 50th Anniversary Edition
Post imported post

I would most definitely have to agree to a two tone seat. I never really like the drab gray seats and black is somewhat warn to sit on in August and September. Would love to have a two tone color matched Corbin. But if it is true to what they say that money talks? Then I must be speechless.

If your not sure, just WING it.
80 CB750 (First Wheels)
82 GL1100 A (x2)
99 GL1500 SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 11:29 AM

Goldwing saddles are a sore point with me, to match by sore bottom.

I read many times in Goldwing books and on forums that Honda put a lot of R&D into Goldwing saddles. But after 35 years and umpteen Goldwing model variations they still can't get it right. If Honda can make car seats suitable for everyones build and weight, why can't they get it right for all kinds of Goldwing riders?

Some of the deficiencies are glaringly obvious, like the pillion space on the GL1800 and especially the GL1500. The back rest is too narrow because of those darned speaker pods. Surely the speakers can be built into a wider backrest, and the bottom area of the saddle made wider to match? Harley Davidson cracked this with some of their touring bikes, but Honda still can't do it.
Also they still waste a lot of space where the Goldwing trunk and saddlebags meet. It can't take a genius to tuck them up more and give more internal room for storage?
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 06:04 AM

Year: 1998
Make: Honda
Model: 1998 Goldwing GL1500SE DFT Trike
Garage
My 1995 Interstate is for the most part pretty utilitarian. I am pretty fortunate to be of the right size/build where I find the stock configuration and the looks.....well, fine. I can't fix what ain't broke!

As for my wife, she is of small build, and even after adding a backrest for myself (not pictured), she still thinks she's riding on a throne, and I don't tell her otherwise!!! After 29 years, one learns when to keep his mouth shut!

"The only problem with 'common sense' is that it is not all that common." Charles Kuralt
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke66 View Post
I've seen some GL1100's that had nice OEM 2-tone saddles. Some GL1200 & 1500s had nice enough single color saddles, but most Wings after the 1100 are just plain old gray or black.

The seat on a motorcycle is one of the first things to catch the eye of people looking at it. For all the talk about how Honda put a lot of research into getting Goldwing saddles right over the years, WTH didn't they make them look more appealing? How much extra would it cost to have 2-tone material, a couple of bucks extra per bike?

Come on Honda, put some effort into the way the saddle looks on your flagship motorcycle.
They still haven't mastered building a halfway decent comfortable seat.I think they need to concetrate on that first and then make it look classy after.

Fatwing Chris
Darkside #1602
Gone Double Dark with a BT45
If I\'d have known it would last this long I would have taken better care of it.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page