Dear Honda - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 12:24 AM

Post imported post

I said it before and I'll say it again! Honda should reintroduce the naked 4cylinder basic wing. You can dress it to suit your needs and it's at a manageable weight. You couldn't afford to get me to part with my 83 1100. A sixth gear would be nice. Otherwise It's just right for me. The mods I've madeto make it my own such as the 2000 valk seat just made more comfortable for me. I'm a six footer with long legs. The valk seat was inexpensive and better looking than an after market seat to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wing repaint 2012(airbrush) 047.JPG (101.3 KB, 253 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 07:45 PM

Model: 1999 GL1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

I thought you were going to say something like "Dear Honda, Want my business? Drop the price about 10,000." That is where I'm looking.

1976 GL1000 LTD
1999 GL1500 Aspencade 50th Anniversary
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 08:30 PM

Garage
Post imported post

Dear Honda...want MY business...bring back the original GL1800 body style, keep building in Marysville OHIO and don't release a new model until it really IS a new model.

"Try to open your mouth a little WIDER when you speak..."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 10:38 PM
FM

Model: 91-I
Garage
Post imported post

Sakryn wrote:
Quote:
Sadly they did re-introduce the 650 Silverwing... but when I suggested one to my wife for her first bike I had to duck really quick... Blaine
Maybe she'll like this suggestion and you won't have to duck.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wing-Scooter.JPG (40.7 KB, 190 views)
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Vintage Rider

Model: none at present
Post imported post

I no longer own the Rebel, I had originally bought it for my youngest daughter, who is an excellent dirt bike rider, and was showing some interest in street riding. I had mixed feelings about it, but she is pretty level headed. She got her permit, and did some riding on the street, but the crazy traffic scared her, and she said she didn't think she would ever be comfortable on the street. I told here that after 37 years and close to half a million miles, neither was I, but did it anyway. My theory is if you let yourself get comfortable, you won't last very long.

So anyway, I started fixing up the Rebel for me to ride, and it was ridable on the freeway, even with my 220 pounds on it. But it had to be ridden at full throttle 100% of the time. I already had too many bikes, so I sold it.

I still say Honda needs to get back to basics with the Goldwing, much like the original 1100 Interstate, which could be had without even a stereo. It was very manageable compared to the 1500 and 1800.

I know I am probably the only one here who does not like gadgets. I like a simple bike to just ride on. I love to just go out and ride all day, or several days, without any distractions (other than cell phone users on the road, which seems to be unavoidable, something else that didn't exist when the original Interstate was introduced)

A vintage 'Wing suits my needs perfectly, but I seem to have problems keeping them going. I would love to have a brand new "vintage" Goldwing. I would be in heaven.

"New vehicles move the body. Old vehicles move the soul. Vintage forever"
"Obsolete does not mean it is not any good, it just means it is not made anymore"
"The simpler the better"
Save the environment. STOP the developers.
PGR member since 2007
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 08:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to dmays
Post imported post

riffraff wrote:
Quote:
I said it before and I'll say it again! Honda should reintroduce the naked 4cylinder basic wing. You can dress it to suit your needs and it's at a manageable weight. You couldn't afford to get me to part with my 83 1100. A sixth gear would be nice. Otherwise It's just right for me. The mods I've madeto make it my own such as the 2000 valk seat just made more comfortable for me. I'm a six footer with long legs. The valk seat was inexpensive and better looking than an after market seat to me.
That looks cool and comfortable. Good ideabringing the "stock"Goldwing back too. You don't see enough stock bikes at all.

Ride, Ride, Ride!
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 08:04 PM

Post imported post

Honda has a number of things to do before I will consider a new one:
1. Finish the design. I dislike the numerous lines in the 2012. Looks like they designed new saddle bags and forgot about the top case.
2. Detachable saddle bags. Even Harley has progressed that far. They know how as the ST detaches.
3. Should have an electric windshield.
4. Better front end. I finally had to go to Progressive. Then I find out they only put a spring in one fork. 1990 technology for a 2000 bike.
5. What about runflat tires? Since we only have two (and no spare) it would seem to make some sense to give us a chance to get to help.
6. Whats this with a $1000 CB radio? Get the price down and offer a dual band with FRS.
7. Could use 6 gear.
8. Have given some thought to a 2000+ cc (with 6 gear) but have lots of power as it is.
I will continue to ride the 05 I have until there are significant changes made for the better and not just some minor cosmetic changes.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:25 AM

Model: 1987 GL1200 Interstate 290,000 miles
Post imported post

With the disaster that was titled "Pacific Coast" and the new tragedy, NT, I think Honda has tried to please the folks who say they want a mid-sized tourer. But sales keep telling them a different story.

Maybe the real thing can't be built at a reasonable cost.

Other manufacturers have learned by looking.

What people really want is a cruiser. That's what is selling.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 07:38 PM

Year: 1982
Make: goldwing custom
Model: 82 interstate custom
Post imported post

dear honda, how about a new 1000cc s.o.c. flat 6 with longer wheelbase (meaning room for big feet), no fairing, short stroke motor (narrower and more rpms), and pay attention to lite weight. THAT would be a bike I could really groove on.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike...and Dennis View Post
With the disaster that was titled "Pacific Coast" and the new tragedy, NT, I think Honda has tried to please the folks who say they want a mid-sized tourer. But sales keep telling them a different story.

Maybe the real thing can't be built at a reasonable cost.,-This...

Other manufacturers have learned by looking.

What people really want is a cruiser. That's what is selling.<--and this right here...
BAM!

There it is. Honda took a bath on the 500/650 Silverwings. They got sold at cost to clear the warehouse. Same with the naked 1100/1200 'Wings.

They only took a minor bath on the PC 800, since the engine was left over from the '83-'87 750 Shadow. But they still got sold at cost.

Now, they have invested a lot into the developement of the engine used in the NC700X and NC700S. I's a great unit for it's intended purpose. And at $6999.00 for the NC700X ($6500.oo around here), they'll sell a bunch. I'm not sure how the naked NC700S will be accepted, we'll have to wait until next year to see. It may sell better since it's lower to the ground.

I stood next to the NC700X at the Honda display Barber Vintage Weekend.

I watched 3 or 4 times as many people check out the NC700 as the VFR1200 sitting next to it. New riders and old guys were intrigued by the low price and great mileage (73mpg !). It will bring new people in to the sport, and keep old guys in that can't hold up a 'Wing anymore.

It's a game changer....no doubt about it.

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page