Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/)
-   -   Dear Honda (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/384245-dear-honda.html)

dangerlojoel 03-18-2012 12:49 PM

imported post

Hi,

Bring back the Silverwing in a 500cc-800cc format. Bring back the CB 200-500 twins they were great! Your current NC700 or whatever entry level touring bike is way overpriced and wouldn't :thumbsup:buy one even if I could afford it. Take a break on hiding all the engine parts with cheap plastic. Thanks...Could be a customer

SETHAN12 03-18-2012 04:19 PM

imported post

With a header of a post reading "Dear Honda" I just had to look:cheeky1:

JerryH 03-19-2012 01:06 AM

imported post

I would love to have a Silverwing in a 750-800, or even 1000cc size. I once owned a GL500 Silverwing Interstate, and it was a great bike, small and manageable, and perfectly capable as a solo touring bike, except the engine was too small. It turned way too fast at highway speeds, and sounded like it was going to fly apart. My Vulcan 750 v-twin turns a lot slower at those speeds.

I would also be interested in a 1000cc Goldwing Interstate, with the same basic engine layout as the original, and priced at no more than $15000.

The NC700 is a joke. I might be interested at half the price. Twelve grand for a 700cc twin? Not even Harley or BMW can get away with that.

Minimac 03-23-2012 10:01 AM

imported post

A Silverwing in the 600-800 range would be the bomb! Built for a single rider only with comparable storage the GL 1500 for touring. A lot of older guys find the bulk of the 'wings hard to deal with. It wouldn't have to be a high revving screamer, but capable of sustained highway speeds without sounding like it's trying to explode.

dangerlojoel 03-23-2012 01:08 PM

imported post

Hey,

IMO the fad of large displacement bike engines is pointless. I had a silverwing 500 and it pulled me and a passenger around fine 70mph on the highway all day long. Like you guys said could have used another gear though. I think honda is missing the boat ignoring small motorcycles. Gas is never going to stop going up for whatever reason and in between now and the future of electric cars people are going to want fuel effecient vehicles. Even the little CB200T I started on could do highway speeds. It got 80 mpg!

Just Say N2O 03-28-2012 04:14 PM

imported post

I would like it if they reintroduced the Silverwing 650. That was a nice bike, with enough power to be "OK."

I like that; "capable of sustained highway speeds without sounding like it's trying to explode." Very descriptive. And accurate.

Sakryn 03-30-2012 06:22 PM

imported post

1 Attachment(s)
Sadly they did re-introduce the 650 Silverwing...

Don't get me wrong I have ridden one and they are very nice, but when I suggested one to my wife for her first bike I had to duck really quick...

Blaine

dangerlojoel 03-30-2012 07:11 PM

imported post

We all knew about that other silverwing. I personally just try and block it out.

seabee 03-30-2012 08:53 PM

imported post

Yeah, I miss the 75 CB360T I started out on.:action: Those old twins had a better sound then these v's now.

JerryH 03-31-2012 02:41 AM

imported post

I just hate those "mega scooters" I have a scooter, but it is a vintage Vespa 150cc 2 stroke. Whole different thing. I have a 250 Rebel, and after relocating the pegs and controls 4" farther forward, and having the seat modified by an upholstery shop, I actually fit on it. I bought it just for the pleasure of riding a small bike again after all those years. The Nighthawk 250 would have been a far better choice. As far as I know, it was the last small standard produced by Japan, inc. It's big brother the Nighthawk 750 was the last midsized standard. Please Honda, bring them back. I did look at the 700X, but was not impressed. IMO the CB750 was a far better motorcycle, and it actually looked like a motorcycle.