Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/)
-   -   Improved tire wear (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/385635-improved-tire-wear.html)

Wingmaster Shamus 04-16-2012 06:02 AM

imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:
Quote:

There have been car tires put on bikes since the 60's that I am aware of. If it has not been studied by now I doubt it ever will be.

I have run a car tire across country on my wing and no problems.

Will never return to a motorcycle tire.

I guess it just comes down to personal choice and preference.

Yea, I pull a trailer also:ROFL:
I know that it works, and thatthe practicehas been around for a long time..., but I'm not sure why it hasn't beensanctioned by the industry? The only legit reason that I can think of is a safety issue, perhaps only under certain circumstances. My questions here on the forums was never to judge, but only to seek knowledge and information to make that personal choice!

I do appreciate opinions, but would also like the facts in this matter...:gunhead:

96aspencade 04-16-2012 06:42 AM

imported post

IMHO it's similar to Darksiders looking for facts on C/T failures while used on motorcycles, there aren't any, Industry is driven by $$$$$$$, if Honda and the tire companies could make more $$$$$ by switching to C/T's I think you would see the results. If it were liability I would think that the number of M/C tires failing in comparison to C/T's failures would be investigated. :?

Wingmaster Shamus 04-16-2012 07:24 AM

imported post

96aspencade wrote:
Quote:

IMHO it's similar to Darksiders looking for facts on C/T failures while used on motorcycles, there aren't any, Industry is driven by $$$$$$$, if Honda and the tire companies could make more $$$$$ by switching to C/T's I think you would see the results. If it were liability I would think that the number of M/C tires failing in comparison to C/T's failures would be investigated. :?
I hear what you're saying, but there is a answer out there in my opinion... Everyone knows that large bikes need a better solution, and if that means using C/T's, then the industry should either embrace that, or provide the solution themselves!

It is a matter of safety either way, and consumers are now the ones footing the R&D bill... :watching:

96aspencade 04-16-2012 07:47 AM

imported post

You are right, we are doing their work, not getting paid, as soon as they see a profit ......... it'll be a new revelation they discouvered. ;)

Rudy 04-16-2012 07:53 AM

imported post

96aspencade wrote:
Quote:

You are right, we are doing their work, not getting paid, as soon as they see a profit ......... it'll be a new revelation they discouvered. ;)
I think you wasted another 'u' in that post. :cool:

96aspencade 04-16-2012 12:27 PM

imported post

Rudy wrote:
Quote:

96aspencade wrote:
Quote:

Not up here eh ? ;)

Rudy 04-16-2012 01:04 PM

imported post

96aspencade wrote:
Quote:

Rudy wrote:
Quote:

96aspencade wrote:
Quote:

Not up here eh ? ;)
It's always about 'u', isn't it?

Wingmaster Shamus 04-16-2012 01:07 PM

imported post

Rudy wrote:
Quote:

96aspencade wrote:
Quote:

Not sure what exactly 'U' meant by that?

96aspencade 04-16-2012 01:18 PM

imported post

Heuym it's u boy's down thar that only use 1/2 of the letters we are given, U only waste it if U don't use it :cool:

Rudy 04-16-2012 01:21 PM

imported post

96aspencade wrote:
Quote:

Heuym it's u boy's down thar that only use 1/2 of the letters we are given, U only waste it if U don't use it :cool:
That's because we have half the teeth we were given. :wtf: