Center stand LOCK - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 12:28 PM

Model: 1984 GL1200I
Garage
The sue happy people that injure themselves due to their own stupidity have forced manufacturers to add safety devices.
Good example: Winnebago was sued because a man purchased a new RV while on the highway he engaged the cruise control got up from the drivers seat went in the back and made a cup of coffee, consequently the RV crashed. He sued received several million and a new RV all because Winnebago didn't have in the owners manual the crusie control does not steer the vehicle and not to leave the drivers seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 03:39 AM

Model: 2012 level II
Unfortunately everything can't be made fool proof. Someone shouldn't have been pushing on the motorcycle to begin with. That but had more to do with parental training than anything else.
post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
X-Roughneck

Model: 84 GL1200A w/poorboy alt & 1997 1500SE Green
Yep,i fully agree! If i kocked a bike over when i was a kid i would of had the crap slapped out of ME if the bike didn't kill me first.We learned purdy quick,only took once and sometimes didn't even have to ask,you just knew!NOT like today for sure.
ALOT of kids nowadays seem to push it over the limit because they know the parents will more than likely stick up for THEM rather than punishment.That said,it is still very painful to watch a small kid knock a large bike over and hope he isn't under it.

I just think a very simple little pull-catch tang could prevent a major lawsuit,"maybe" caused by unresponsible parenting,and the KID again,suffers the most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 12:37 PM

Model: 2008
I too like the way a Harley side stand locks in place. Honda should have done the same on the GW. Feral children? Not much you can do about them.

There is birth control ... but you have to get the breeders to use it.
post #25 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Best looking member

Year: 1997
Make: Honda, is there any other?
Model: 1997 SE. Pearl Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckfarrack View Post
Wow dude you taking to extremes here! Just a simple cable pull that's all!No walking TEN moles to find YOUR keys,No blocking the driveway for days,come on!Just a small wittle bitty tang so the bike cant be shoved forward,that's all! You freakin out over a wittle bitty tang?
Now i have to ask...how many times have you played on your folks car hood? LOL
You have to forgive Chromo, he hasn't come to terms with the fact some of the other 7 billion people on the planet might look at things differently then he does.

Pearl Green(The Intelligent colour)

No question A.T.G.A.T.T. (Even when it's stinking hot!!)
And if it's too stinking hot to gear up, it's too stinking hot to ride.

If your not man enough to take the lead, stop complaining from behind.

I SURVIVED NASSIR 9.... barely.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To all of the troops and Vets. Thank you. I will never forget.

A proud Wild Rhino(Ontario) since 18 Jul 2013 (That mating sound thing really works!!)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 09:33 PM

Model: 1997 GL1500 SE
I am pretty sure my old '82 KZ1100 had a center stand lock. Come to think of it, the frame is still rotting away in my back yard.

1997 GL1500 SE Pearl Sapphire Black
post #27 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Just Winging It

Year: 1986
Make: GL1200I
Model: GL1200I 1986
Garage
Just carry around one of these.

Has it's own lock.

The LORD is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 07:55 PM

Model: GL1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73coupe View Post
The sue happy people that injure themselves due to their own stupidity have forced manufacturers to add safety devices.
Good example: Winnebago was sued because a man purchased a new RV while on the highway he engaged the cruise control got up from the drivers seat went in the back and made a cup of coffee, consequently the RV crashed. He sued received several million and a new RV all because Winnebago didn't have in the owners manual the crusie control does not steer the vehicle and not to leave the drivers seat.
That's a fabricated story that keeps making the rounds. There's no record of it ever happening.
post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Just Winging It

Year: 1986
Make: GL1200I
Model: GL1200I 1986
Garage
Quote:

Comes from this book.

Baby on the Car Roof and 222 Other Urban Legends: Absolutely True Stories That Happened to a Friend of a Friend of a Friend by Thomas J. Craughwell

The LORD is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

post #30 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 06:29 AM

Year: 1997
Make: Honda
Model: Gl1500 SE 1997
Why not use that steering lock for car between center stand and front crash bar.I always do that when i work on bike because it's pretty easy to get the bike down the central stand.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page