What the next Gen GoldWing should be.... - Page 10 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 04:34 PM
FM

Model: 91-I
Garage
. . . . .
. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Still a winger at heart.

Model: Sure wish I could ride...
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to UbarW
I lost the pm, someone asked me to whoop together a logo to represent abs. Here is the first iteration, if you like it let me know what file format Wingnut Jr wants to convert to 3d...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders-Id: 79170

Panel 16W - Line 33

post #93 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 09:52 AM

Year: 2012
Make: Honda
Model: 2012 Blue GL1800 Level 3
Lets start a whole new concept for the wing. Leg room, knee angle and rider position were better on the 15 than the 18. The handle bars need to be adjustable from the factory to alleviate shoulder strain. Keep the flat 6 but, add three inches in length to the bike and allow the rider more leg space. Lower the ride height while incorporating a dual zone air bladder adjustable seat. I would sacrifice a little fuel storage to accomplish a lower ride height. Protect our hands better from air flow with the mirrors. Add convex partitions to our mirrors. Incorporate a set of highway peg adapters/radiators that protect our legs from heat and give us cornering clearance. Add some side lighting for greater safety. The 15 was way better in the visibility category. Lets be done with locking our GPS/headlight/ride height controls while under way. Just make us aware of the danger by placing some type of eye pleasing placard to warn us of the potential danger. A six speed transmission designed to be bullet proof. The current 5 speed is lacking durability and robs us of fuel economy. Think how long that flat 6 would last with a real overdrive instead of a regular 5th labelled OD. These bikes would literally last forever. Bring the horsepower and torque up so we can push that 6 speed easily like the current 5 speed. I don't have a problem with running higher octane fuels. Quiet the clutch mechanism. Mine is way to noisy. Incorporate things like ambient air temp/ice warnings/voltage gauge/real time tire pressure/tire temp/bluetooth/cup holders/engine oil pressure and whatever we as a high end purchaser of this bike would want.

I know all of the above is possible. BMW, which I had considered, does much of the above already with a very comparable purchase price. Let's get with it Honda.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 06:30 AM
The Irish Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfden View Post
this should be low slung and have more leg room. The windshield needs to have a
good vent and be made to be able to take all the abuse a long distant rider can give.....
John
Yes all that. Bigger vents in the lower fairing that can effectively deliver warm and cool air to riders legs. Drop the saddle height from 29" to 27" to make the Wing practicable to more riders.

Dave Heffernan.
post #95 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 06:32 AM
The Irish Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM View Post
. . . . .
. .
The ball is with Concept Guy right now. Who would have thought it would take so long to design a new Wing .

Just kidding Ed. I know this stuff takes time to get right.

Dave Heffernan.
post #96 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 06:35 AM
The Irish Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobyDick View Post
I lost the pm, someone asked me to whoop together a logo to represent abs. Here is the first iteration, if you like it let me know what file format Wingnut Jr wants to convert to 3d...

That looks good Richard, is it for the fender or the wheel cover? I don't think file format matters, from what we seen posted earlier in the thread wingnut junior just eyeballs the reference pictures and works from that.

Dave Heffernan.
post #97 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 01:52 PM

Model: GL1800 abs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffo View Post
Yes all that. Bigger vents in the lower fairing that can effectively deliver warm and cool air to riders legs. Drop the saddle height from 29" to 27" to make the Wing practicable to more riders.
+1.
post #98 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 01:12 PM

Model: 1200 A
being lower and a 6th gear, mileage should go up, so a little smaller fuel tank say 4.75 or
5 gal should still have a range of about 200 miles per tank.
can't wait to see the outcome of this bike.
John
post #99 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 01:41 PM

A smaller fuel tank? No thank you!
The tank should be larger if there is any change at all, how about a smaller engine? Say a turbo diesel.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #100 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 09:27 PM

Model: 1200 A
could a turbo diesel have a smaller height or would it be taller than the flat 6?
for seat height?
John

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page