1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveO430

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Year: 2008
Make: Honda
Model: 2008 Caliente Red
Smile Wish list

I'd like to see a navi with the same features as in my 2012 CRV: talk to it while driving, running calculation of mpg, distance to next programmed waypoint.

Don't need more engine. Need a true overdrive or 6th gear. A little bigger foot on the side stand. Better design on the wheels - no open spokes to collect brake dust, metal that won't pit due to brake dust, easy to clean....

A more aerodynamic windshield.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 01:22 AM
Senior Mem & Story Teller

Year: 2010
Make: honda
Model: 2010 GL 1800 comfort (buried after fire)
A 6th gear and tapered steering post bearings. Those ball bearings are a safety hazard.

Life is a collection of stories we old people tell and hope a few will listen and carry them into the future.

There is a story to everything we have, everyone we have met and everything we have done or we will do or dream about doing.

We sometimes ride to forget, but hopefully we never forget to ride.

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
Honda GL 1800 (my last and one of the last made in the USA)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 04:03 AM
Trike Master

Model: 06 levelIII/Hannigan
Pardon my ignorance and off topic question but, from your info below your avatar, what is a 2008 Caleny?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 09:11 PM

Year: 2013
Make: GL1800
Model: 2013 Navi Comfort
Garage
A true overdrive that lowers 70mph RPM by at least 500RPM. Better bearings in the front end. Fix the tendency of some bikes to pull to the right requiring constant back pressure on the throttle side.

2013 GL1800 Comfort/Navi
2014 Harbor Freight Tag-a-Long
Currently stuck in Las Vegas, Nevada

Previous bikes (in reverse order) include:
Harley 883 Sportster
Honda GL1100 Interstate
Honda 750A Hondamatic (second best bike I ever owned)
Honda CB450
Kawasaki 900 Z1
Suzuki GT380
Honda MT125
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 01:44 PM

Year: 2012
Model: Level III
Release all of the Honda over writes on the Garmin GPS System. Garmin makes awesome GPS......Let them!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 10:54 AM

Garage
My 2015 Nissan Titan has voice recognition, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Works some times and some times it gives you something way different from what you said.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IF YOU'RE BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
IF YOU'RE BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE
A NEW START ON 1/20/2017
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 09:21 AM

Year: '82
Model: CB900K0 Bol Bomber - CB900F Bol D'Or homage to the '65 CB450K0 Black Bomber
WIRE SPOKE WHEELS!!!

I am trying to build a wire-spoke conversion of the GL1500 front hub, with the shrouds etc. It's actually for a CB900F, but I could imagine this would've been one awesome upgrade for the GL1500, perhaps even the Valkyrie.

Well - if the NEW Valkyrie or other new Goldwing could come with IT'S own version of wire-spoke wheels? This would be awesome. Could blow a lot of cruisers off the map, IMHO - to combine that classic styling everybody loves, with all of the awesome technical innovations of both the 4-cylinder Gold Wing and later Goldwing 6-cylinder series? It could be a repeat of what the original 4-banger did to the Harley market!

Aesthetically speaking, I think the shrouded front brakes were some of the coolest stuff Honda did circa 1988 - Obviously the whole concept was meant as a continuation of the "Inboard Disc" of the VTR250F Interceptor, CBX550F, VF400F - all of that really cutting-edge stuff Honda was doing in the mid '80s - While it wound up ALMOST being a normal ordinary dual-disc front brake - well, on the Valkyrie that's exactly what it was - on the regular GL1500 this was the penultimate iteration (thus far?) of Honda's fresh perspective on disc brakes for motorcycles. Just as was their CB750K0 Sand-Cast which drew the template for everything since, and then the VF1000R & subsequent CBR/VFR brakes drew the template for all of the floating discs on all the modern crotch rockets.

I guess I can see why the GL1800 ditched this feature, as this was part & parcel of the "new" approach, making the Goldwing a SPORT bike once again - as it had been in 1975 - before Craig Friggin' VETTER messed with everything -

Yes - a fully NAKED version of the 'Wing would be a beautiful thing too. Stripped right down to the Candy Paint, tubular steel frame, & polished aluminum, of that first beautiful WING!!!

- Anyway yeah, it would be nice to see something interesting done with the front end wheel & brake "hub", as was the case with the GL1500 - Ideally with wire spoke wheels.

THAT'S the type of thing which could draw attention away from the likes of the CB1100, perhaps even the VFR1200F!

The VFR1200F in itself, heck even the ST1100 & ST1300 series, seem to be a more faithful interpretation of those sporty early four-banger 'Wings, IMHO. Especially the new wire-spoke versions of which. (Still surprising to me, how nobody seems to have completed a Cafe Racer re-interpretation of these bikes. Swap to differrent rim sizes, strip a bit of bodywork, voila. I've always figured, if Honda won't do it themselves, perhaps SOMEBODY would. But they're still a no-show, can't even Google up a reasonable facsimile let alone an image....)

Yes - the VFR1200F & ST1300 hint at how svelte & lithe a shaft-drive Honda touring bike can be. (Let alone the old V65/VF1100S Sabre....)

-Sigh.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 09:24 AM

Year: '82
Model: CB900K0 Bol Bomber - CB900F Bol D'Or homage to the '65 CB450K0 Black Bomber
Lose all of the ridiculous dashboard stuff - get back to basics. People are gonna ride with an I-Pod & a cell-phone anyhow.

-Sigh.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 07:34 PM

Year: 2014
Model: Gl1800 Level 1 Blue
Garage
Bluetooth, 6th gear and more room between peg and shift lever.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 10:59 AM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfrider View Post
Bluetooth, 6th gear and more room between peg and shift lever.
I've said it over and over, another gear is just asking for trouble. All it needs is taller final drive gears, 1st gear is too low to low anyway.
lopeha likes this.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page