Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/)
-   -   Recall Charges Upsetting (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/605433-recall-charges-upsetting.html)

Smurfhawk 02-28-2016 10:40 AM

Recall Charges Upsetting

Had a Honda dealer offer( free pick up and delivery) for the rear brake cylinder and secondary ..Service called ( We have to bleed the fluids out put new in and bleed the clutch if you want . Well thinking that's probably a good thing to do ..Charges are over 140.00 So ,what are you gonna do so OK..Called up Honda Customer relations and on the recall they replace the secondary and rear brake cylinders plus up to 6 bottles of fluid to get the job done. So it looks like I'm getting a 140.00 clutch bleed job...(but I get a free pick and delivery)...:whip: Anybody else have a similar situation...

DaveO430 02-28-2016 05:27 PM

Well "there ain't no free lunch". $140 for "free" pick up & delivery & a clutch bleed doesn't sound all that bad. It probably would cost that to have a tow truck pick it up and take it there, even if it's close.

tfdeputydawg 02-28-2016 05:45 PM

another reason to always ask what the charge will be prior to saying OK!
$140 to "bleed" the clutch is ridiculous, IMHO. Even high if the clutch fluid was replaced also!

siouxindian 02-28-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfdeputydawg (Post 4497865)
$140 to "bleed" the clutch is ridiculous, IMHO. Even high if the clutch fluid was replaced also!

i will do 10 a day. open for biz:wink2:

DaveO430 02-28-2016 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfdeputydawg (Post 4497865)

How you gonna bleed the clutch without replacing the fluid? I'm sure what is meant by "bleed the clutch" is a fluid change.

Red Ron 02-28-2016 07:54 PM

They may have changed the fluid in the front MC and bled the 2 bleeders that go with it since that is not included in the recall. Counting picking it up and removing the front lower cowl to bleed the clutch that may not be too out of line.

tfdeputydawg 02-29-2016 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveO430 (Post 4497929)
How you gonna bleed the clutch without replacing the fluid? I'm sure what is meant by "bleed the clutch" is a fluid change.

One can Bleed anything without completely replacing the fluid!

jeffcosmo 02-29-2016 10:09 AM

Hell, I would have done that for a lunch. And I'm not very far, as it goes...
If the dealer has the Phoenix Injector (as I do), this job (bleeding clutch), takes less than five minutes. And the last time i timed it, that included crawling my old arse under the Miata...

I worked at a dealer (new car). They need to make a lot of money, and new vehicle sales is NOT a profit center. You got took, sorry to say. Tacking charges onto a recall is low, wonder how much farther they'd go...

Cosmo

Aloha Tom 02-29-2016 10:44 AM

Call the dealer and speak with the Service MANAGER, not the writer who bs'd you.
Ask him exactly what you were charged for and why,,
maybe it was an innocent mistake on the part of an untrained service writer who doesnt know about recall details
and simply entered the wrong codes in computer
(Im being nice)

If you are not satisfied with the refund that person offers, call CORP and make a complaint
That will prompt a call from corp to dealer, and a call from dealer to you!

ANY increase in price over estimate MUST be approved- to a dollar amount- by the customer before work can proceed
(guess who spent a lifetime in auto repair)

Its possible the word bleed was used instead of the correct job description of flushed, which should be done once a year
on all the hydraulic fluids, with a MAX between flushes of 2 years.
Wiki hygroscopic for why

Smurfhawk 02-29-2016 11:54 AM

Thanks for the input but I'm sure the dealer knows exactly what there doing by taking advantage of the free pick and delivery deal to get you in there , then the hook comes . I will look at the bike all over when it gets back before the C.Card no comes out witch I told them , then use my tender negotiable skills that I have learned over the years to knock down the bill from a felony charge to a misdemeanor. not my first rodeo probably won't be my last...Think Spring ...