Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Feedback for Hondas Goldwing Team (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/)
-   -   2018 Goldwing (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/9-feedback-hondas-goldwing-team/656298-2018-goldwing.html)

trike lady 01-01-2018 08:46 PM

2018 Goldwing

This is just my thought on the new Wing. On another forum a member had seen and tested the seating on the new 1800 and he found it disappointing and he wasn't fond of the loss of storage. I guess like me, he likes a 'Land Yacht'. Then I commented they reduced the 1800 to the size of a 1200.
The new Wing may be attracting new riders, my guess is it could be women as HD has put many women on motorcycles for years. I have seen women riding GL1200s in the past. Honda may be after the market had by HD by offering something better.
This is just my thought.
:smile2:

Bike...and Dennis 01-01-2018 10:16 PM

I know the 12s are too tall for most women. Haven't seen a speck sheet on the new 18, but it would have to be pretty short to get labeled a "chick bike".

That's why most women ride cruisers, I reckon.

trike lady 01-01-2018 11:00 PM

I got the pdf download from Honda https://powersports.honda.com/brochu...e_gl1800bj.pdf
29.3 seat hight, sounds low compared to a GL1500 trike.

DaveO430 01-02-2018 05:32 AM

People mostly buy HD for the name, no other reason. They may buy something else that looks like a harley if they are not brand loyal but want to make the impression, that's why all the other makers make V-twin cruisers. Making a bike of any other name rideable by any certain kind of person is not going to attract them, maybe Honda doesn't know that but I doubt it.

famous1 02-14-2018 03:54 PM

This past weekend my wife and I went to see the new Goldwings, they (Del Amo Motorsports O.C.) had all types and colors. I was excited to get a new version of the Goldwing, although my 2006 ABS/Nav/CB/6-Disc CD, etc. runs and looks perfect. I have been waiting for a change in power and the addition of a 6th gear. As a bonus, it appears they added better suspension. Unfortunately my wife did not like it compared to our 2006. It is not nearly as comfortable for her. What she did like was the 2018 Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental. I confess I liked it too. The new smaller less comfortable (for my wife) Goldwing is not in our future. We have ridden the BMW K 1600 GTL together and I think if I set it up with passenger floorboards and armrest that could work. Then again there is a myriad of reliability issues and many complaints I have read from BMW riders regarding how BMW treats them when they try to solve manufacturing/warranty issues. They had the Raspberry Metallic Transcontinental in stock and when they get the Granite Grey version in, I suspect we will purchase it; despite the fact that we love our Goldwing. The new Goldwing just isn't as comfortable for the passenger, in our opinion.

OnaWingAndaPrayer 02-14-2018 04:56 PM

Real feedback from folks on the street giving first hand info is good. Glad your sharing your feelings. If the passenger isn't happy then the rides are not as enjoyable. I wish you the best with whatever your next machine is . Please do stick around and periodically give us your thoughts/comparisons on the new ride.

AZgl1800 02-14-2018 09:52 PM

from what I am hearing, the 2018 is best for solo riders.

MalcolmX 03-01-2018 07:04 PM

We've all seen the video/interview with the Honda engineer who describes the development of the passenger perch? Happy wife = happy life? (I don't want to look up the date of that)
It def looks more scrunched, front to back, on the 2018.
If Honda is appealing to men making more decisions (F6B is badass)....... They are trying to catch the pendulum on the way back?!? 8-)
MGTOW!!!! Ha,ha