Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelin Commander II and Gl1200+Voyager trike kit

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bigz 
#1 ·
Does anyone use these Michelin Commander II if so could you let me what you think of them with or without trike. ?Update on the Dunlop 404 Rear tire. I got 6k miles out of this tire. It did it's job and used it a few years but am in need of a new tire and will not be getting this again ( I was warned) was just a money issue at the time. Not upset just want to get better tires this time.

I have a Voyager trike kit on my bike and i think just the weight of the kit and the crappy roads and cold/hot weather where i live makes it even harder on Dunlops hard tires. I bought a Dunlop E3 maybee 1k miles before the rear tire and it has cracks in the sidewalls as well. But i bought that tire new from an old shop and it could have been sitting in for years.

I have been reading about the Michelin Commander II 150/90B15 Rear Tire and have some good things and maybe that softer tire will do the trick. Might give them a try

Thank you to everyone who replied with information about the Dunlop 404 tires, you guys were spot on.

Thank you for the help
Chris

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry, no help on the Michelin Commander but I can tell you that any outrigger trike kit like the Voyager, my Tow Pac, Trigg, etc, etc, are very hard on MC tires....

This is because of all the scrubbing that occurs in turns when you ride it with the outrigger trike kit on it ... On my last set of Bridgestone G704/709, I only saw about 8K miles on them before they were worn out...

I am now running a Yokohama Avid Envigor (car tire) in the rear and a Bridgestone BT-45 Battlax tire in the front and it looks like the mileage will be substantially better, but still less than what other riders are achieving with the same tires, and that is due to the trike kit being on the bike...

Just a little food for thought...

Les

#4 ·
Thank you very much for the replies and information. I had to order a front tire as well. sidewalls had cracks. Yeah the trike does a lot of damage to them tires with them kits on and my kit is a older one so even worse! so we do get less miles out of them but oh well it keeps me riding and $310 dollars every 3-4 years is ok i guess.

Thanks guys

#5 ·
Well BigZ

Anything you can do to keep riding is good in my book!! Keep on riding brother and if the trike kit is necessary to do that, I'm down for that!!

Les

#6 ·
The MICHELIN Commander II are a very nice tire. I have not put the trike kit back on since I replaced the tires. All I can say is that the softer tire is a sweet ride, they grip good in rain,gravel road. I just like the ride they give. Been nice.

thanks again everyone for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.