Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My wing has been shifting hard thru all gears. almost like the clutch isnt disengaging all the way. I changed the clutch handle adjuster from the 3 to 5 position bring the lever all the way out. This has helped alot. Now i have mostly smooth transition thru all gears.

Wondering if maybe its time to change and bleed the clutch fluid. Bought the bike last fall from a dealer. I dont beleave they changed the brake and clutch fluids. Tried finding the bleeder for the clutch but dont see it. I know on the 1500 its on the bottom left of the engine below the alternator.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

If you have no idea when the clutch fluid was last changed and bled, it is definately time to do it now. Along with the brake fluid. I do ride with a rider who has over 100,000 miles on a 01 1800, and never changed either yet since it was bought new. I change mine at least every other year, sometimes more often.
Tom Nishop
`98 S.E.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I think you really should bleed the clutch before doing anything else.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

I think you are on the right track with bleeding the clutch. All the gears can't suddenly go bad at the same time, I think fresh fluid is the best way to go.
Don't let the clutch fluid reservoir empty when you bleed the clutch. If you do, you will discover just how hard it is to bleed a Goldwing clutch.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Ok but, where the heck is the bleeder on the 1800? It definately not where it is on the 1500 and ive looked all over the left and right side,front and rear. Be my luck its hiding where only slim fingers can get a bleeder wrench on it.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

It's behind the lower cowl. Loosen or remove the evap canister. The slave and bleeder valve are right behind the canister.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thank you! Suppose I should purchase a service manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.