Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 1800 with 63,000 showing. It runs great. I bought it about 3 months ago and it was getting about 44 mpg then. I noticed about 3 weeks ago that the mpg was dropping to about 36/38 mpg. It has being riden under about the same conditions as when it was getting 44 mpg. Gas, load and speed was all about the same. Checked the air filter out and it looked to be the original (nasty). Changed the filter and mpg stayed about the same ole 36/38 mpg area. I have been using about 2 oz. of marval mystery oil about every 3rd or 4th tank. Any ideas guys or is this what the bike is going to do with the milage. :confused:

·
Premium Member
68,435 Posts
How much alcohol is your state putting in your gas now..
Here CA when that went from 5% to 10% my mpg was about 40/42 and now it's 38/39, 40 going down hill

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Sounds about right for either of my 1800's. I can get 42 - 44 only on a road trip with the cruise locked at 65.

·
Administrator
28,071 Posts
Check the air pressure in your tires.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
They may mix the fuel differently for a winter and also have a summer mix. I know up here in Conn. starting in November until April they use an oxygenated fuel for easier starting in colder temps. but this does lower the fuel mileage . Check what is written on the fuel pump next time you get fuel.

·
Premium Member
68,435 Posts
They do the same thing here and when they the mileage goes to hell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.