Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just got a used 2003 Goldwing and love it. Every thing seems to work as it should except the auto select funtion on the audio system. The manual says it will scan a few seconds...but it just sets there and never indicates it is scanning and no stations are being set. I welcome suggestions as to a possible fix. Knowing me it'll be something simple.

Thanks in advance

Tim (Sarge) in Kansas

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
imported post

My 08 has the same problem but apparently it is normal if you don't live or ride in an area with enough stations. If there are not 12 FM and 6 AM strong radio stations it won't do anything.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hey Dave...Just fixed my own problem. The manual says push the auto select button, but you need to push and hold the button. The radio started scanning like it should.

Tim

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
imported post

Maybe that's my problem too, I have read the manual several times trying to figure it out and it's still jibberish to me.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

It will work by holding the select button in and will go through the ranges, but will not lock the channels in unless there are a certain number of them, I forget exactly how many are needed as I never use the radio in any event. But a certain number of channels in any given area are required.

Kit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.