Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALL ELECTRICAL IS TOTALLY DEAD at this point. moving bike onthe center stand or wiggling bike on the side stand will temporally restore all power. Then goes dead again.

Suggestions please on where to look for the problem. I have owned the bike for two months. The previous rider said I might need to change the kick stand sensor. Weird thing is the bike power will restore sometimes if I shake or move off the center stand.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
It appears you have a loose connection. Could be to the battery or it could be at the common ground point where the main negative line from the battery connects to the frame.

Try measuring from the positive side of the battery to a bare spot/bolt on the frame. If you have no voltage (12+V) then it would be the ground connection is your most likely culprit.

If you have voltage then you have a loose connection on the positive side. Either at the battery or where the main line connects to the fuse box.

Let us know what you measure so we can help isolate the problem.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Welcome to the forum Cfjohnson3
As Hanko said you have a loose connection. Start at the battery. Are the cables able to be moved by your hand or needlenose pliers?
I helped a friend that had that same thing happen after a shop put in a battery and used too long of screws for the posts and the screw hit the battery case so it felt like the screw was tight but the cable was still loose.
How old is the battery?
Do you have a multimeter to test the battery and do further testing and know how to test wiring?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem fixed

It appears that both battery connections were loose.

Problem solved.

Thanks very much for the direction folks.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Talk about hitting the "That Was EASY" button!! It's always nice when things work out this way rather than a much more expensive and time consuming solution!

:claps:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Welcome:waving:Cfjohnson3

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
It appears that both battery connections were loose.

Problem solved.

Thanks very much for the direction folks.

Thanks for getting back with us on the solution to your problem. Many times we reply to peoples problems and never hear back on what the fix was.

Stick around this is a great site. I lurked on here for a couple of years before a member (Winger77) convinced me to register. Since then I have learned a lot about my 04!!

Henry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.