Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Pwhoever
3,575 Posts
Good luck with this but it's gonna be a hard sell. No info on where bike is located, no real information on your profile, etc... No previous interactions in forum other than posting the sale in 2 separate threads after just joining. Might want to stick around a bit so others get to know you. And IMHO, your price might be a bit high for an almost 20 year old bike. Just some 5hings to consider...

· Registered
Several
1,462 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have a couple of suggestions. Price? And some pictures outside so we can see more detail. Can't tell if the bike is Black or Dark Blue. What state are you in?

Because you are new, people are going to be a little leary about dealing with you. Tell us a little more about your bike and yourself. How long have you been riding, how long have you had this bike, why are you selling etc...? I do not mean to offend you, but we have had issues in the past so most of us investagate purchases fairly closely.

Rayjoe

· Pwhoever
3,575 Posts
Thank you AZ. I remember you, your name, from before, when I joined up years ago.
But you still haven't introduced yourself yet or provided your location. You mention you remember AZGL but don't mention the user name you used years ago. I'm just wondering how AZGL1800 is supposed to remember you seeing that this is a new account???

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck with this but it's gonna be a hard sell. No info on where bike is located, no real information on your profile, etc... No previous interactions in forum other than posting the sale in 2 separate threads after just joining. Might want to stick around a bit so others get to know you. And IMHO, your price might be a bit high for an almost 20 year old bike. Just some 5hings to consider...
This was really just a shot in the dark. I figured us wingers would be much more respectful, which you all are, than just anybody. That's why I put my phone number on there. I retired, and moved to myrtle beach, and haven't rode cuz these people down here will flat kill you, run ya right off the road. The price is negotiable. I know it's high, but I figured I'd start there, and maybe drop from there. As far as what it has, how's everything. Brand new battery, on a tender, 6 pak CD player, power pumper, accent lights, serius xm everything. I'm winginitrick, glad to meet yall. I don't mean to be vermin. I just remembered that I had goldwingfacts, and thought, I'll try it here with all the wingers

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm winginitrick. I joined back years ago, with road runner magazine, and have bought 2 new goldwings, a 93 and then an 03. I remember AZ from old posts back in those days. I retired and left Ohio, and moved to myrtle beach, which is where the wing is, in my garage. It's time to sell it. So I want it to go to another winger. That's why I came back here to sell it.

· Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
63,384 Posts
I'm winginitrick. I joined back years ago, with road runner magazine, and have bought 2 new goldwings, a 93 and then an 03. I remember AZ from old posts back in those days. I retired and left Ohio, and moved to myrtle beach, which is where the wing is, in my garage. It's time to sell it. So I want it to go to another winger. That's why I came back here to sell it.
apology accepted, I will delete my post

· Premium Member
2012 GL1800
1,071 Posts
Trying to recoup the money spent on all the extras is the problem. It is a great looking bike, but the add-ons don't actually increase the value. They are a personal preferenc and alot of buyers may be turned of with all the fancy lighting..
Things like the backrest, highway pegs and other comfort items help, but the rest of the items don't increase the value.
Sorry, just my opinion.

· Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
63,384 Posts
REF:
Addons

I bought a 2002 gl1800 with approx $4,000 of Kury crap Chrome,
I took 90% off and threw it in the trash.

do dads, are for the owner, not the buyer, so price it at book value only

· Premium Member
2012 GL1800
1,071 Posts
REF:
Addons

I bought a 2002 gl1800 with approx $4,000 of Kury crap Chrome,
I took 90% off and threw it in the trash.

do dads, are for the owner, not the buyer, so price it at book value only
When I had my 2004, I went slightly overboard with chrome and decorative lights. The "K" chrome looked like heck after a few years and most of the lights started having problems.
On my 2012, NO extra chrome and only lighting for visibility. No show lights.Utopia backrest and Air Wings.
Comfort add-ons, Utopia backrest, air wings, grip puppies and highway pegs.
I like the way Honda eliminated most of the plastic chrome on the 2012-2017.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know yalls probably right. I knew 9 grand was too high, but I wanted to see if I could get a bite, or even a nibble. I'll start dropping the price now to see if anybody wants it. The phone number is still the same. How bout $7,000?

· Premium Member
2012 GL1800
1,071 Posts
I know yalls probably right. I knew 9 grand was too high, but I wanted to see if I could get a bite, or even a nibble. I'll start dropping the price now to see if anybody wants it. The phone number is still the same. How bout $7,000?
Now you're in the ballpark. If you search for them, the prices are all over the map. Kelly shows then for $6500 with normal mileage. Your is low mileage so you may be good.

One word of caution, do not post your phone number or email on the site. Too may lurkers and scammers watch this website. If someone is interested they can send a private conversation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts