Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Continuing the saddlebag light saga. I have now sourced the parts I need (thanks to members of this site)to get thesaddlebag lights working on my 05 1800abs and hopefully they will be here in the next few daysfrom the states.

However one more favour to ask. Can anyone supply me with a wiring diagram as I need to splice the wiring somewhere as the Australian spec bikes do not have the plug-in connectors in the harness that would allow me to simply plug in the sub harnesses to the saddlebag lights.Many thanks to everyone for all the help given.

Regards,

John S

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

If someone else doesn't beat me to it I'll check my workshop manual and post the details here later on. The points you need to splice into is undeer the latch mechanism cover inside the top of the saddlebags.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

Looks like I'll beat gaswing to it. The 3 wires you need to hook into are;

Green/red = Brake light
Brown/red = tail light
Green = ground

You can get to these inside the saddlebag covers like someone else mentioned already. Alternatively, you can splice into the 14pin grey connector block right under the saddle (this is the main connector block for all the rear lights), but it's a tight job getting them into the sadlebags from there.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

DJ is right, you don't really need a wiring diagram once you know the colour wires to splice into.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Hi,
I don't appear to have the requisit wires in my saddlebag (UK 30th Ann 1800) - never mind I'll do as suggested and route them up to under the seat area. Beats me why Honda can't just wire the damn things in at the factory. It must save them all of half a yen in effort!

Anyway, whine over. Would any one know of an aftermarket supplier for the bulb holders for the saddlebag brake/rear bulb?

I need to cut a hole in the assembly to fit the bulb - Honda have kindly marked where in the moulding, and fit a suitable bulb holder.

Any advice greatfully recieved as always.
Pete

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Pete,

I have just completed installing the brake/tailight bulbholders and wiring into the saddlebags of my Australian spec 30th Ann 2005. A couple of things might be of help to you. I went to the local Toyota scrap yard(they just happened to be thenearest)and purchased twobulbholders that accept the same bulbs as the rest of the lights in the trunk(cost $5).I then purchased several 1 meter lengths of different coloured wire from an auto shop. I drilled holes in the rear of the lens holders using a holesaw and then filed sections of the hole to match the bulbholders. I fed the wires across the inside of the saddlebags and out through a hole I drilled in the top of the saddlebags (out of sight under the seat). I used rubber grommets to seal the wires through these holes. I thencrimped the wires into push-in electrical connectors and spliced wires from the BLUE14 pin connector block under the seat.Total cost for the job was about nz$25including 2 bulbs On my bike the 3 wires needed to do this job are side by side at one end of the BLUE 14 connector and they are

Green/red Brake light

Brown/White Tail light

Green Earth

Hope this is of help to you,

Regards,

John

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

John,
appreciate the advice and will take a trip to my local scrap yard to see whats available in the way of bulb holders.

Weill keep you posted.
Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.