Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a new 05 Goldwing and after 276 miles the tank is very scuffed up. No amount of polishing will remove it 100%. Has anyone had this problem with the paint? My 89 hasn't had any scuffing that honda spray cleaner/wax didn't remove. I was wearing clean jeans at the time.:(:(

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

Marinalift,

- That sounds really concerning :X!

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

RED I have seen the pads but have been hoping not to cover up the tank. Maybe there is a problem and that's why you see the pads in all the catalogs??

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
imported post

One of the guys in our regionalclub here in Cork had exactly the same problem, he has since complained to Honda and is getting a brand new tank fitted to replace the scuffed one. I think a word with Mr. Honda is definitely the way to go here.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

The lacquer on the Goldwings is very soft and scuffs easily. You should ask a paint shop to try and buff/compound the marks out or you could try it yourself. You can buy clear transfer material that covers the tank sides and is practically invisible. If the transfer gets marked you can just peel it off and fit another. I forget who sells them but someone else will be able to help.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

my silver 05 was scuffing were the radio helmet cable was touching, I just wrap the cable over the left grip. Problem solved.:jumper:

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
imported post

I think all the 1800 paint is soft. My 1500 after 90,000 miles never scuffed. I use Maguires Gold wax and it takes care of it. I use it once a week:jumper::jumper::jumper:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.