Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

06-08 Garmin CF card finally shipping. $95.00 I no longer see applicable shipping charge. Not saying shipping is free. We'll see.

Sposed to be NT version, so obviously there's new firmware. So the previous card probably won't work anymore, as a back-up, as it is the non-NT.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=10750

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Great, let us know how the installation went and how you like the upgrade.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hasn't shipped yet. They must have a huge back-log, and I'm way up towards the top. Mid June is my order time.

I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

Yes, Please keep us informed. I too am interested in updating mine.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

AHHHHH, But, they're not NT, which will enable us to continue updating well into the future. Not that I plan on it. Maybe in a cpl yrs.

I have upgraded mine twice, and am at 2010. (2009)

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

I got mine and it has issues. I've done a full circle. What my first Navi unit was doing, this one is doing it too. Locks up, freezes, then reboots.

See this thread for how this happens and you try it too for those that are getting one.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum4/123660.html

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

...So, still problems, I take it. Oh well, I'll probably just upgrade to the DVD version, without all the Honda Bloat. If I could just get the new firmware, that's all I would need, then get a DVD for 2012.

...These bikes can sure be a money pit.

·
267 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

That version doesn't work. It's faulty.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

I hear a new Firmware update is to be released in January.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

....I actually got a refund for the September issue 4.5. And, they said they would send the new "fix" in January. I gather they will send it for free as a good gesture. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

They sent me a new one. Ver 4.60. While the problems mentioned above seem to be corrected, one thing still won't work. I can't put a newer map on it. It will only fully function with the supplied map which is 2011.10. I tried loading an unlocked map 2011.40 onto the nav and the map works fine but you can't do any searches by name. All the letters and numbers are shaded out on 2011.40 but not on the supplied map 2011.10. All the POI's are there because search for nearest picks all of them up. For some reason, it won't pick up search by name POI's. I also looked in an area that has many POI's, and I see them all. I wonder why search by name won't detect them but nearest will.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,710 Posts
imported post

That problem is not restricted to your GPS.

it is happening on all of my Garmin GPS devices, 2730, 1450LMT, 350, 660 (screen died, it is toast now)

Something is way wrong with the last series of programing updates.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
That problem is not restricted to your GPS.

it is happening on all of my Garmin GPS devices, 2730, 1450LMT, 350, 660 (screen died, it is toast now)

Something is way wrong with the last series of programing updates.
Interesting John, my 550 screen died almost a year ago and Garmin supplied a brand new unit for $100. There is a repair procedure on the 550 but I can't remember, however really involved.

Another note, I've been with Hawggy lately and he said you moved. I might be out your way this summer either before or after #5. Drop me a PM with your numbers and such if you wish for a quick lunch or so.

Ned

You get down my way drop in. Best weather I've seen.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
imported post

Wing-Rider wrote:
They sent me a new one.  Ver 4.60. For some reason, it won't pick up search by name POI's.  I also looked in an area that has many POI's, and I see them all.  I wonder why search by name won't detect them but nearest will.
Didn't 4.50 lock up on POI search? I bet they found a way for it to not fully recognize pirated unlocked maps. If one does not use the POI search by name, the maps work pretty well. In Feb 2012, City Navigator 2012.40 came out, and its maps are only about two years old. Bonus. 2012.50 due out in May.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.