Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm presently changing the forks seals on my '06 wing. I noticed that, when compressing the forks manually, only the right fork has any damper effect. The left has no noticable resistance other than the spring tension. Is that normal? I'm hoping ithas something to do with the anti-diving unit not being active while the forks are removed. I would appreciate any commentson this one before I re-install the forks.

Cheers

·
1,698 Posts
imported post

Thats the way they are supposed to work. Strange system but Honda build them that way !
If you dont like the way they work , (i dont), go the Traxion way , - the BEST thing i ever bougth for my 1800.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the info. I also think that is somewhat of a shortcoming, specially given the technology involved with today's Goldwings. I will ride this one out, since it's my first Wing and will see what feels right in the upcoming years.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
61,403 Posts
imported post

I thought it was very hard on the left shock.. When ever you hit the brakesthe left shock is locked up.. It can be disabled very easy.. A lot of guys here have done it..

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yea, it's a bizarre way of building front ends. Seems like one fork does all the work and the other one just follows. Might be why the left seal was leaking, although I found the washers in the wrong order and upside down in the left fork. My front tire also is showing more wear on the left of the centre line, I'm thinking a leaking left fork could have been the cause.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.