Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I followed a couple of old posts and could not solve that pesky rattle that appears to be from the trunk lid. I have tightened all screws and bolts. I tried putting a strip of rubber in the channel of the lid hinge. Still there. Just annoying that this continues. Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Mine has rattled from new and no matter what I do it still rattles. Putting carpet in the base muffled it a bit, but it's still annoying.

·
Administrator
27,923 Posts
imported post

Simple fix, get some 1/8" vacuum hose, about a foot is all you need. Cut a small slit in the trunk seal at the rear about 4" from the corner on both sides. Take 6" of hose and slip it inside the seal around the corner. This is a fix Honda did on some Odyssey sliding doors, I did it on my trunk and it works well.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks guys. I have done the hose deal to keep the rubbing to a minimum between the upper and the lower. It works great. I have the carpet inside the trunk enclosure also. Today I sprayed silicone on all of the moving parts of the hinges. That seem to help a little. There just appears to be too much slop in the hinges themselves hence the noise. Still open for suggestions.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

I used 7/64" vacuum tubing on my '03 and it works great, just coat with some talc to make it slippery. The only problem with the talc is it works too well.. I was able to push the tubing all the way around and then my trunk wouldn't shut:(. I found that if you push it just so that it goes up the sides and not across the top edge where the latches are the trunk shuts fine and no rubbing or rattles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.