Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

when i have my low beams set just right my high beams seem too high. i set my low beams as high as possible without the beam hitting the rear glass of cars in front of me. can the high beams be adjusted seperately from the low beams?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

No: The light assembly moves as one unit, whether by the electric level control on the left dash panel , or if you manually make adjustments to the light assembly. The light unit moves as one unit. Both high and low beam move as one.

Kit

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,683 Posts
imported post

I resolved the "in town" driving situation you are describing by setting the high beams as you describe. So the top part of the beam just barely lights up the bottom edge of the back glass of a normal full size sedan.

On pickups, it is lower of course, and on tiny sub-compacts is it a tiny bit too high. For them, I dip the beams down.

But, the power of the high beams and the better light beam pattern makes for very good in town and freeway driving safety.

The low beams are totally useless for my eyes where I live. One street has street lights every few hundred yards. The next street has none at all. The freeways are lit up like daylight.

I very rarely have someone give me the high beam flash saying my lights are in their eyes, so it must be a good compromise.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

Maybe the two sides aren't in sync with each other? I believe they can be manually adjusted each side just like Kit said. The electric adjuster should adjust them both the same.

Does it appear that there is any difference between the right and left sides when you shine at a white garage door?

I know I wasn't happy with the low beam light on mine and had to have the dealer manually adjust them to 'center' the adjustment in the electrical adjustment's 'range' of settings. I felt that my low beams where too low even at the maximum setting on the electronic control. After he adjusted them, I am able to run with my electronic control set at about the 10'oclock position with my rear shock set at about 7.

Daveo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.