Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has an 08 goldwing trike and on hot days this year riding his bike will build pressure in the tank and blow gas out overflow all over loosen the cap and it will quit an bike will start and run fine can anyone give us some wisdom on this Thank you

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
He will probably find the vent tube pinched. I found this out the hard way on a long road trip after going through some mountain passes. And he needs to address it asap as he can potentially end up with a crack in the tank causing fuel to pour onto a hot engine or exhaust. For me, it happened after I had removed the fuel tank to upgrade rear spring. I didnt pay close enough attention and when reinstalling the tank, accidentally pinched the vent tube hose. The vent tube hose attaches to front right on top of fuel tank. It then runs to the left and back to right just to the rear of the air box and then down to the charcoal canister mounted in front of lower part of motor.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He will probably find the vent tube pinched. I found this out the hard way on a long road trip after going through some mountain passes. And he needs to address it asap as he can potentially end up with a crack in the tank causing fuel to pour onto a hot engine or exhaust. For me, it happened after I had removed the fuel tank to upgrade rear spring. I didnt pay close enough attention and when reinstalling the tank, accidentally pinched the vent tube hose. The vent tube hose attaches to front right on top of fuel tank. It then runs to the left and back to right just to the rear of the air box and then down to the charcoal canister mounted in front of lower part of motor.
thank you will have him check this

·
Registered
155 Posts
There is also a valve involved that controls vapor flow to the charcoal canister. When chasing down a possible kink it should also be checked.

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
There is also a valve involved that controls vapor flow to the charcoal canister. When chasing down a possible kink it should also be checked.
Purge valve, controls flow from canister to the intake, could still be the problem. I didn't think of it.

Reactions: Pastot
1 - 5 of 5 Posts