Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I use$60. J&M headsets in 3/4 helmets & they are 100%.

In my garage sits a brand new half helmet, unused. I just can't picture myself landing on the top of my head :baffled:so I don't use it.

I've used J&M for many years, they make good stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I bought one toward the end of the riding season and havnt had much time to evaluate but what short time I have used it the sound is fine but then my hearing is pretty well shot, I really use it for intercom and mike.
The idea of the slide in appealed to me, that idea sure works OK

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
imported post

I think the the J&M shorty headsetare 8pin connectors. My 1200 has 5pin. I thought the 1500s do also but i'm not sure.

I used the 3/4 helmet setup on my 1/2 helmet. Much cheaper.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
imported post

is the ones me and the wife use that i made up. nothing fancy but i like the way they ride on the back of the neck out of the way of the half helmets. have since changed the mic covers as this is a pic of them after the 1st test ride. they work well and only cost around 40 us to make both:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

They make them in 5 pin for the 1200 and I think 1500 is also 5 pin.

They are not cheap. I think my orginal Honda headsets were made by J&M (?) they lasted me from 1985 till this year so I think they were of good quality, cant say much about the sound it wasnt that good considering those air tubes.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

I've used the 3/4 helmet setup on my half helmets all summer.I just velcroed the the speakers to the helmet straps and the mic will attach to the edge of the 1/2 helmet and still reach your mouth.I have the J&M 8154-OF $60 each.I don't use them for music,but they do work good for intercom.

·
Nobody
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks to all that replied:cool:

Popeye:
I know J$M make good stuff-I have been using their products for years.

Tricky:
Wish you had more info! The "slide in" appeals to me also, as when I ride solo I don't want them installed. I will only use it for 2-up and when I go on trips with my friend who also has a CB radio.

Motor22:
I all depends on which lower cord you buy, J$M's will work on systems from ANY manufacturer.

DoozerDoozer:
Thanks-but I am not looking for another project now!

Tricky #2
I know they are not cheap...But I have had good dealings with them on a warranty issue and would like to continue to support them.

DavidTDavidT
Thanks for the lFatwing

Fatwing Chris:
I want the unit easily removable-I don't want deal with the boom clamp.

I was really interested in the specific product I reference in my original post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.