Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hiya fellas!

My first opportunity to update you on the trip through Vegas.

Day 1 - 967 klm - 13 hrs. Winnipeg to Circle Montana. Trailer overloaded with what's her name's gear and land in Circle Montana.

Day 2 - 869 klm 12 hrs. Land in JacksonWyoming, do the hot springs hang the suits onthe tent and find them FROZEN in the morning. Actually put an extra ground sheet on top of our sleeping bag to trap the heat.

Day 3 - 573 klm - 9 hrs. Land in Twin Falls Idaho and catch base jumpers going off the bridge over the Snake River Canyon. This is where Evel Kneivel attempted to jump the Snake River Canyon.

Day 4 - 659 klm - 12 hrs. Land in Caliente Nevada and catch an excellent 4th of July fireworks.

Day 5 - 308 klm - 4hrs. Land in Las Vegas and meet a buddy from work and hoot and holler for the next 2 days.

Day 6 - Vegas more hoot and holler. Stayed at Treasure Island.

Day 7-247 klm - 8 hrs. Tour through Red Rock..Thanks Wingdog 101, nice ride. Land at lake Mead Nevada, and tour past Hover Dam.

Day 8 - 577 klm - 10 hrs. Land in and hook up with AZwinger In Yuma Arizona, who has taken care of us like family for the past 2 days and MAN IS IT HOT HERE!!!! 107fh. AZ's wife and kids have been great.

Day 9 - AZ and wife have taken us to Mexico and brought us back home. More beers, apricot brandy, scotch and a fine cigar. Did I mention it's hot down here!!!! The new scoot and trailer are fantastic. Twisty....appears we made a good choice in oil....but we won't discus that on a open forum!!!!! Heads up Chuk...you culd be next.....be afraid....very afraid!!!!!

1/2 way done guys.....this has been a blast!!!!!!! Heading for Sedona Arizona tomorrow.

Kyle

Did I mention its hot down here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lord tunderin geezuz boys...in this heat, me thinksme met the devil, and hesa a pretty good guy!!!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a great ride, be careful out there all those cagers are out to get you!:toast:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

You lucky blighter!!! Shame about the heat, don't forget to put lots of cream on those delicate bits so you don't fry, just like yer mummy told you to. :waving:

Could you tone down the joy in your reports, it is making us all jelous over here. The only bit I could relate to, was the groundsheet over the sleepingbags!!

Have a good second half and bring us back something nice for our Mojo bags please.

Pete

PS: Where's me postcard??:goofygrin::goofygrin::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

I am jealous!! My ride doesn't start until tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a great ride, you're gonna enjoy Sedona.

Take lots 'o pictures.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
That's it, I am crying in my beer now!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Hey Kyle:waving:Canada to Mexico,Sounds like one great trip.:)

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:

Brojees, you going to come down and play in the sunshine also? LOL

It's been great having Kyle and his wife here. They are great people! They are leaving this morning for hopefully a cooler climate. Sedona will be a little cooler, only about 98f. It was 82 degrees (28c) at 0630 this morning and steadily climbing to108 today.

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Fun!!!!what do you guys mean fun......This is hard work!!!! And if this is work, why am I not getting paid!!!! Actually I'm getting paid with bonuses and I don't mind the overtime at all. Thanks so much to AZ and the wife, for a devil and his bride, they've been great!!! The tan is looking pretty good too!

Kyle

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
Silverfox...Control yourself man! no need to water down good brew! Things will get better :toast:
Thanks mate, they just did, it is 82 degrees in the shade here today and 100 in the sun!!! Now it's too hot!!!

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

AZWinger wrote:

It's been great having Kyle and his wife here. They are great people! They are leaving this morning for hopefully a cooler climate. Sedona will be a little cooler, only about 98f. It was 82 degrees (28c) at 0630 this morning and steadily climbing to108 today.

Hey Bob:waving:I think it is great that you invited Kyle and his wife down to visit, what generous hospitality.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Glad you're enjoying the trip !

Yes it's Hot in Yuma, almost as Hot as "Bull Head City , AZ"(125 degrees)Thank God you didn't hit Yuma in late August,you'd need an"Asbestos" riding suit! Don't want Chrome hand grips in thatpart of the country!

Glad you liked "Red Rocks" outside of Vegas !

Ride safe and don't ride tired!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Thanks mate, they just did, it is 82 degrees in the shade here today and 100 in the sun!!! Now it's too hot!!!
Don't feel so bad old man, we're having English weather in the NW today, 58F and rain. Ugh! It makes the ancestral urges come out, I'm sitting at the keyboard with a cup of tea. It took awhile but some of us have finally gotten over that Boston boycott.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
Don't feel so bad old man, we're having English weather in the NW today, 58F and rain. Ugh! It makes the ancestral urges come out, I'm sitting at the keyboard with a cup of tea. It took awhile but some of us have finally gotten over that Boston boycott.
Well as long as you aren't drinking the stuff they dropped in the water all those years ago, it would be a bit stewed by now.:goofygrin: I have been dodging in out of the garden to see the postings, She who should beobeyed, required my help gardening, so this time,Iobeyed!!:weightlifter:

Boy it's hot out there!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
AZWinger wrote:
Hey Bob:waving:I think it is great that you invited Kyle and his wife down to visit, what generous hospitality.

I am glad you feel that way Dean, apparently it is all round to your house next!!!:goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
dean_3326 wrote:
AZWinger wrote:

I am glad you feel that way Dean, apparently it is all round to your house next!!!:goofygrin:

Pete
Pete I hope so, they are more than welcome to come here anytime, andthere is cold beer in the fridge. :toast:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Enough cold beer for the whole shooting match? I was thinking we'd all come!!! Lol:goofygrin:

One day, before I get to old I am gonna get back over that pond and hire a bike and tour that fabulous land of yours. And if I get too old to ride, I'll sit on the back and enjoy the scenery, whilst someone else takes the strain!!:)

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Enough cold beer for the whole shooting match? I was thinking we'd all come!!! Lol:goofygrin:

One day, before I get to old I am gonna get back over that pond and hire a bike and tour that fabulous land of yours. And if I get too old to ride, I'll sit on the back and enjoy the scenery, whilst someone else takes the strain!!:)

Pete
Pete there is enough beer for all, and if we run short, there's a German town within 30 miles, Muenster, Texas, so I know they will not run short of the Cold Cold Beer..:blackstuff:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
AZWinger wrote:

Dean,it was our pleasure! :clapper: We really enjoyed their visit. It came at a great time too. We had just gotten word that the seller on a house we had made an offer on (and she had accepted) backed out of the deal.:chopper: Some BS story about not qualifying for a grant to send her two kids to collage on if she sold it. Now instead of paying their own way through collage, we (in the U.S.) can all pay for them with our tax money.:gunner2: I won't bore you all with the details of our disappointment and frustration.

Kyle and his wife are a lot of fun to be around and put smiles on our faces where there were frowns.:cool: They turned what would have been an extremely long and bad weekend into a great, short one!:cooler: My wife and I led them the first 15 miles or so out of town on my 1100 and were actually in a good enough mood to stop and look for houses for sale on the way home! :walker:

Anytime any ofyou are out this way feel free to stop in! Keep in mind the temps will be over 100 until sometime in October though.:cooldevil: Supposed to hit 117 next week.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.