Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know where I can get a 1.8 or 1.8i car type gold badge for my GL1800? I've seen these on older Honda cars (Prelude or Accord I think) but of course the Honda car dealers here can't help. A chrome one is no good as I want it to match the other badges on the Wing. I PM'd the wingnut but he doesn't know where I can get one, although he did say he'd buy one if I manage to source them. I'm sure that if 1.5 gold badges were available they would appeal to GL1500 owners to stick on the back of their bikes.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Ambrose ,if you can get a chrome one,this guy in England can goldplate it for you,,Wingnut got some stuff done with him and it is excellent ,and so also did LITTLEJOHN ,,here is a copy of it from the "worth a look " section of this site ..cheers Ciaran:):)

Nick Fowler from the UK can gold plate (24 carat) your chrome bits. He was at the 2004 Irish and British Treffens and was kept busy the whole time. I had my GL1800 rocker cover trims plated and they look great. 3 year guarantee on all work. You can see some more samples of Nick's work (done while we waited at the UK Treffen) on my site on this page, http://www.goldwingfacts.com/picturepage29.htm or go to Nick's site. Nick can be e-mailed at [email protected] or telephoned in the UK on 01704 563994 or 07813 370304.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

I think those gold 1.8i badges were available on some 1996 Honda Accords. I'll check it out soon.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Budegan wrote:
I think those gold 1.8i badges were available on some 1996 Honda Accords. I'll check it out soon.
And while you are at it Bud maybe you will let us know where the GL1200 & GL1100 smilies are that you promised us at Christmas!

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I bought a solid Chrome 1.8i badge from my local Honda dealer. It is a part from the older honda accord. I prefer it in Chrome as it matches the bike but as said above, Nick Fowler who attends the odd wing-ding and the Treffen will Gold Plate it for you on site. It cost me £9 for the badge which simply sticks on the rear.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Looks like thats the way I'll have to do it. What model year was the Accord John?

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Budegan wrote:
And while you are at it Bud maybe you will let us know where the GL1200 & GL1100 smilies are that you promised us at Christmas!
Hey FitzAl, :waving: Dont be giving out to poor old Budegan, :crying:the man is only back on his :18green:since xmas and he doesn't have much time for the forum at present. :stumped: The 1200 are coming. :jumper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I always thought that there was something missing from the 1800 that tells people what you have. The 1.8i badge from the Honda Accord looks well on the rear right hand side and compliments the bike. I had mine on show at the Odyssey Bike show on Friday and people walking past only realised it was an 1800 injection when they saw the badge. Quite a few people commented on the badge and it stopped them asking continually what size is the engine.

I have just located the receipt in the bin:- The part number is 75731S1AE00 described as EMBLEM.RR 1.8i. Cost £7.83 plus vat totalling £9.20.

Ps. After the 75731 it is the letter S and not a five? :waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Well done littlejohn you just beat me to it. :clapper:Just as you said it saves answering a lot of engine questions. :weightlifter:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
The 1.8i badge from the Honda Accord looks well on the rear. I have just located the receipt in the bin:- The part number is 75731S1AE00 described as EMBLEM.RR 1.8i. Cost £7.83 plus vat totalling £9.20.
Hey Littlejohn :waving: The part number for the 1.8i emblem that i have is 75731-SN7-G70 :clapper:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Redwing Sorry mate but I can only go with what is written on the computer generated invoice the dealer gave me. He used the number given to order it and it came exactly as I wanted it so I can't complain.

Actually I can complain:- Came back from lanzarote this evening and it was chucking it down after leaving the hot sunshine of 25 degrees. I am not ahappy teddy.

:(:(:(

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Honda (cars) have a habit of using different part numbers for different years, even though the parts may be the same. They always do this if the part is made by a different manufacturer.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
Redwing Sorry mate but I can only go with what is written on the computer generated invoice the dealer gave me.
Hey Littlejohn :waving: Honda must use a different part number for us poor inhabitants on the Islands. I suppose you could call it discrimination. :crying:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.