Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the 10 day forecast. For those of you that are in OK., you need to build a wall to keep your weather to yourself.:rofl:

Attachments

·
Administrator
58,425 Posts
heh heh,
yeah,

well, I went out at 6 a.m. this morning and found this, the tub is six inches deep, and that 5 lb rock is to keep the winds from blowing it away.

and it was running over on the right rear corner, as the ground slopes in that direction.
we had a river running through our back yard, and front yard all night long.

·
1,648 Posts
heh heh,
yeah,

well, I went out at 6 a.m. this morning and found this, the tub is six inches deep, and that 5 lb rock is to keep the winds from blowing it away.

and it was running over on the right rear corner, as the ground slopes in that direction.
we had a river running through our back yard, and front yard all night long.
well , it seems that you dont need to water your lawn for now:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Updated forecast. Unfortunately, We are wasting a PERFECT day today.

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,999 Posts

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
Talking with a farmer friend who still has corn to plant. He assures me that it will stop raining (someday) and then be no rain when it is needed to grow the crops. Weedeated today and was looking at the ground. Maybe tomorrow we can cut the sides of the trenches we had to put in to drain the standing water.

We are camping at Blanding Landing which is down on the Mississippi River south of Galena. Hopefully it will be above water. With a senior pass it is a $10 a night Army Corp campground. Only bad marks are the 2 train tracks that pass next to it. Only thing one has to do is play Johnny Cash and his Folsum Prison Blues and listen to that train rumbling down the track.

The boss is hoping that the old man will be ready to go next week.

·
Administrator
58,425 Posts
I got out and replaced the Motion Drive belt on the lawn tractor.
that turned out to be a bigger job than I am able to by myself anymore.

so, I called a local handyman fellow who dropped what he was doing and came right over..... tried to leave w/o being paid, but I nipped that in the bud.

Only managed to break one stationary rod that holds the mower deck from falling back and under the rear wheels..... darn it!!! if I could weld, that would get fixed fast.

oh well, I can get a new one tmw in town.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Had the Wing all loaded up and ready to head out this morning but your Illinois weather sucks. Rain is okay but torrential downpours and bad winds for hours and many miles don't make it a joy ride. No rain right here but if i head northwest for 60 miles up to Monkeytrucker and north of him it is nasty.

It is not supposed to be any better tomorrow but we will see.
Supposed to be a couple of days of good weather around Galena and would love to have the Wing then.

If weather doesn't look good by Monday.... we will take the car.:sobbing:

·
Administrator
24,999 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had the Wing all loaded up and ready to head out this morning but your Illinois weather sucks. Rain is okay but torrential downpours and bad winds for hours and many miles don't make it a joy ride. No rain right here but if i head northwest for 60 miles up to Monkeytrucker and north of him it is nasty.

It is not supposed to be any better tomorrow but we will see.
Supposed to be a couple of days of good weather around Galena and would love to have the Wing then.

If weather doesn't look good by Monday.... we will take the car.:sobbing:

Steve, in case nobody every told you, Your not sweet - you won't melt.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
But you know my wife is sweet. :laugh:

I know you guys don't worry about me and i would worry less if it was just me. :grin3:

·
Administrator
58,425 Posts
I drove thru a downpour so heavy, that I could not see the road.....
pulled over and let it stop.

rained here last night, is nice now though, still overcast.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
We snuck out this morning at 9am after some heavy rain and hit a little rain later. No big deal.
350 miles and stopped early at Ottawa, IL.
Around 200 miles or so tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts