Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The most common trailer hitch kit sold for the 1100's is also the same kit for the 1200's with some additional brakets. The kit comes complete to fit either bike. I have it on my 1100 and didn't use the additional brakets, have them sitting on the shelf just in case I upgrade to a 1200 instead of a 1500.

The more I look at the tupperware on the 1500's, the more I'm leaning toward a 1200. I hate spending 3 hrs pulling off plastic to do a 5 minute repair job.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
imported post

I just ordered, and received, a hitch for 1100/1200 from cyclegiant.com -- good service, and about $85.00 plus shipping.

I probably will not get it on till after the first of the year.

Chuck

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Took me all of an hr to install it on my 1100, would take maybe 5 minutes more to install it on a 1200.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
imported post

hi just looked at cyclegiant website for a hitch for my 1100
could not find by searching do you think you could post
the part number for the hitch
thanks
mike

·
Premium Member
428 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

I have the 1200I and I thought I read somelace that they "weren't designed to trailer". I don have a trailer for mine but would think about it if that were possible, Any comments on this thought? Thanks in advance.

Ritchie & Lyn, New wing owners :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Hi Papabee49:waving:
I hope you enjoy your new bike, I don't know of any motorcycle that was designed to tow a trailer, there might be, but a lot of folks including myself tow a trailer with all sizes of Goldwings.

:12red:
Dean

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Thanks Dean, that being said, I relaize that no bike, except maybe a trike, was designed to haul a trailer. I have thought about it for the future but wasn't sure if the 1200 was "compatable" with that operation. Yea we just got it this fall so haven't put many miles on ityet. It is sort of ironic in a way, the last new bike I looked at was and 84 aspencade, mine is the interstate but what are a few accessories amongst friends. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year.

Ritchie & Lyn:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

I even towed a trailer with my CB750 (chain drive)... Trailer on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.